Lead the underwriting and servicing of the Association’s AgDirect products including production management, internal team relationships, credit decisions, default resolutions, and personnel issues. Establish team standards to meet Credit Team’s priorities of being a collaborative partner, consistently demonstrating an attitude of responsiveness and providing excellence in assessing credit risk and making decisions. Provide leadership in developing, recommending, and monitoring credit policy, procedures, and standards for AgDirect, Leasing and other specialty products.
Credit Analyst – AgDirect
AgDirect Litigation Officer
AgDirect Resolution Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, lead, coach and develop the AgDirect Credit Team by establishing a positive work environment that promotes continuous learning, development, and retention of high-caliber employees. Provide a clear vision for the team by developing an effective plan for daily work flow management and promoting a team atmosphere by supporting and modeling the basic principles of the organization. Perform all human resource functions for the team.
- Lead the development and implementation of processes and procedures that create greater efficiencies and job clarity for all direct reports.
- Responsible for underwriting leadership for the AgDirect portfolio. Make decisions on loans above the delegated lending authority of the Credit Analysts. Recommend action and/or coordinate credit decisions on requests that exceed delegated lending authority.
- Monitor, present, and interpret comprehensive credit portfolio analysis of the AgDirect products for review by Credit Committee, the Chief Credit Officer, and other groups. Prepare and present concise timely summaries on underwriting performance and portfolio performance to AgDirect Partners, regulators, and Senior Leaders of FCSAmerica.
- Develop and maintain specialty lending processes that are efficient and effective in maintaining satisfactory loan administration. Monitor and interpret the Association’s AgDirect underwriting results and loan performance. Provide leadership for the AgDirect Credit Analysts to gain further consistency and effectiveness in credit decisions and processes.
- ACCOUNT RESOLUTIONS
- Lead the inbound and outbound servicing and resolution activity conducted by the AgDirect Resolution Officers and the AgDirect Litigation Officers. Make credit decisions on accounts that exceed the delegated authority of Officers. Recommend action and/or coordinate credit decisions on requests that exceed delegated authority.
- CREDIT PROCESS & REPORTING MANAGEMENT
- Pro-actively coordinate with the Risk Management Team in receiving and interpreting reports to monitor AgDirect underwriting and servicing performance. Forecast workflows making necessary adjustments to queues and strategies to meet business needs, turnaround, and quality goals for the AgDirect product.
- Provide leadership and guidance to AgDirect team members on the Association’s lending/credit standards and philosophy, and serve as a central contact point for credit related issues for the AgDirect Team.
- Establish and proactively maintain relationships with AgDirect partner associations. Focus on assisting AgDirect to obtain new partners by promoting confidence in our credit team processes, procedures, and risk management. Actively participate in AgDirect leadership team decision making for entire AgDirect products.
Additional functions of the position may include:
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree in business, finance and/or economics. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience required in agricultural or consumer credit. Collections and litigation experience specific to agriculture or commercial accounts preferred. Leadership and supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in analysis and credit management of agricultural producer loans in a multi-state area
- Working understanding of collection processes and regulations, including bankruptcy, foreclosure, business law and legal procedures
- Strong skills in credit administration, credit management and loan servicing
- Excellent skills required in judgment, decisiveness, analysis, organizing and planning, communications (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and adaptability
- Maintains current awareness of social, economic, governmental and environmental forces impacting agriculture.
- Ability to train and motivate an underwriting team
- Understanding of the application processing system, credit model underwriting strategies, reporting, monitoring
- Ability to set, support, and exceed production goals for the team
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in the data analysis process on a wide range of agricultural loans sizes and types
- Knowledge of credit analysis, agricultural production, and business practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- A thorough understanding of credit management and administration
- Farm Credit experience and knowledge of and ability to interpret Farm Credit Administration (FCA) regulations, district, and Association policies, procedures, standards and expectations.
- Ability to operate with a high level of independence
- Ability to develop, lead, and interpret policy, programs, and regulations
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and implement efficiency strategies to enhance workflow performance
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Ability to analyze complex investor and non-investor loans that are high risk and typically greater than $500,000 GFI
Internal – AgDirect Teams & Leaders. Other Credit Leaders.
External - FCA, and other Farm Credit Entities, Participation loan originators, leasing alliance partners
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate the telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Ability to travel via auto or commercial transportation (up to 20%) to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, partners, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Associations’ policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.