POSITION SUMMARY: Provide technical support to employees and customers on technology incidents, service requests and end user equipment setups. Perform technical work in the configuration, testing and installation of new and existing hardware and software. Lead and/or assist with coordination, communication and training efforts to ensure successful implementation of new (or upgrades to existing) software systems, hardware, and mobile devices. Assist in review and ongoing improvements to team work flows and service desk processes EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Use automated call distribution phone system and software interface to respond to customers’ and employees’ technology-related issues and service requests verbally or electronically. Use remote access software when appropriate to aid in problem identification and communication to customers/employees. 2. Facilitate resolution of incidents by isolating variables, and troubleshooting within assigned permissions, accessible knowledgebase and subject matter expertise. Escalate when needed to appropriate internal resources or external service providers. Grade 20B: address incidents and request assistance as needed from more experienced Analysts (or forward to more experienced Analysts) on an as needed basis.
3. Document service requests and incidents in service desk application, using that information to create knowledge base articles as appropriate for peers and end users. Conduct follow up activities with callers as appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction. Grade 22B: In addition to creating knowledge base articles will also approve.
4. Responsible for timely response, resolution facilitation, and logging of incidents reported after normal business hours. Incidents are received from end users via cell phone, which is rotated across the team on a monthly basis. 5. Assist technical research, planning, and implementation of new software and hardware (laptops, tablets, smartphones, MFD’s). This includes business need and technical analysis, requisition demos from vendors, vendor and product deliberation, proof of concept, developing user reference and training materials (e.g. videos, quick reference guides) and other technical documentation. Grade 22B: May also lead research, planning and implementation efforts. Will provide oversight of the coordination and communication of product pilot and deployment to users.
6. Train end users primarily in formal group settings on mobile hardware (laptops, smartphones). This includes writing and updating user reference tools. Grade 20B - Will initially provide assistance in training settings and gain experience to handle independently.
7. Assist in the ongoing analysis and improvement of service desk processes to ensure operational efficiencies and consistent, quality customer experiences. 8. Actively participate on assigned functional and cross-functional team projects, fulfilling task assignments, meeting deadlines, and proactively seeking attainment of team goals. Grade 22B: May also lead functional and/o cross-functional team projects.
Additional functions of the position may include: 1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelors’ degree in Management of Information Systems or equivalent work experience required. Grade 20B – Ideal candidate will have one to five years’ experience using and directly supporting end users in a LAN environment with a variety of business hardware and software, including Windows 7+, iOS and Android, Microsoft Office 2010+, SharePoint2010, laptops, smartphones, tablets, wireless technology, laser printers, scanners. Grade 22B – Ideal candidate will have three to five years’ experience using and directly supporting end users in a LAN environment with a variety of business hardware and software, including Windows 7+, iOS and Android, Microsoft Office 2010+, SharePoint2010, laptops, smartphones, tablets, wireless technology, laser printers, scanners.
REQUIRED DUTIES: • Knowledge of customer service philosophies and service management processes and the role of information management; computer hardware, software, environments and related matters. • Ability to obtain working knowledge of Frontier Farm Credit, Farm Credit Services of America and the Farm Credit System. • Experience in documenting and tracking end user incidents through resolution in service desk system required. • Communication, both oral and written; tact, diplomacy and skill in negotiating and mediation to arrive at solutions for projects. • Skills in analysis and definition of Association need, priorities or problems. Evaluation of hardware and software with recommendations for solutions to problems or use within Association. • Ability to work independently and complete tasks on a timely basis in an unstructured environment. • Exercise leadership and judgment; analyze, evaluate and develop solutions to complex problems; make a positive personal impact on others; be innovative and creative and be logical and objective. • Train, instruct and provide guidance to others. • Interact positively with representatives of other associations, vendors and commercial entities.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Farm Credit Services of America employees, customers, vendors, service providers, internal/external auditors, FCA, FCCA, other districts, and consultants.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: • Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment proficiently and performs repetitive motions on computer for extended periods of time. • Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities. • Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job. • Understand and use computer technology related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the job. • Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries. • Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending. • Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job. (Approximately 20% travel with overnight stays). • Ability to lift or move equipment up to 70 lbs. from one location to another.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Date Posted||February 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||April 15, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $59,240.00 - $108,230.00|
|SOC Category||15-1041.00 Computer Support Specialists|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories