The Capital Markets Commercial Lender Intern position is responsible for participation in a 11-week (40 hours/week) Intern Program with specific emphasis upon learning the primary responsibilities of a Capital Markets Commercial Lender. Interns will actively participate in the assigned group intern team project. This position will receive an hourly wage of $16 per hour, plus a $250 starting bonus.
Candidates pursuing their MBA or a Masters degree in Agribusiness or Finance preferred.
Position Summary: Responsible for learning tasks in Capital Markets’ purchased portfolio and loan sales. Responsible for learning and understanding activities involved with identifying, acquiring, analyzing, underwriting, servicing, and/or sales of large and complex loan investments. Will assist Capital Markets Commercial Lender with portfolios of moderately complex loans and/or sales of specific loan syndications. Learn how to develop and maintain relationships with financial partners, customers and industry contacts that provide and enhance ongoing loan purchase and sales opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Learn how to develop and maintain a portfolio of large and complex Capital Markets assets that meet or exceed quality and income expectations and appropriately utilize Association capital.
2. Assist with developing, maintaining and enhancing relationships with correspondent and syndicate lenders and large commercial agribusinesses, assuring ongoing access to capital market opportunities and/or opportunities for loan sales.
3. Observe and/or assist in advanced credit analysis and underwriting.
4. Learn how to manage the sales of assigned loan syndications and participations and amendments, waivers, refinances or other loan serving actions or administrative agent responsibilities.
5. Learn how to assist in structuring assigned credits, in coordination with ABF relationship officers, credit staff and customers.
6. Assist the Capital Markets Commercial Lender with the coordination of comprehensive sales, marketing and investment plan to purchase or sell loan assets.
7. Observe the process for selection and approval of loan investments.
8. Attend staff meetings and participate, if applicable.
9. Complete special projects as assigned.
Additional functions of the position may include: 1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Date Posted||September 11, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 10, 2017|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Internship|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $17.00|
|SOC Category||13-2051.00 Financial Analysts|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position