The Insurance Officer will lead new sales efforts for the marketplace through individual sales and joint sales with financial officers. The position is responsible for new sales as well as renewals and servicing of policies >$25,000 premium. Insurance Officer will be responsible for servicing a portfolio ranging in size from 60-100 policies and providing crop insurance expertise to financial officers and Insurance Account Specialists. Servicing responsibilities include the gathering and completion of APH/Acreage Reports, Gather and complete Written Agreements, Determined Yield Requests, Added Land Requests, High Risk forms, and claims on assigned portfolio for policies > $50,000 in premium.
May provide work direction to retail office – Insurance Account Specialist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Meet sales production goals established in conjunction with assigned marketplace(s) and the Vice President of Insurance for assigned marketing areas. Responsible for sales production of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects.
2. Develop personal marketing plan and update annually. Assist marketplace(s) with marketing plan to achieve marketplace insurance goals.
3. Independently call on prospects to sell insurance policies. Serve as subject matter expert and make sales presentations at insurance sales seminars as needed. Provide product and sales expertise to marketplace staff, prospects and customers.
4. Assist with organizing and coordinating insurance programs within assigned marketing areas.
5. Provide sales support to Financial Officers and sales and servicing support to Insurance Account Specialists in the marketplace. Assist in providing training support for retail offices related to insurance programs.
6. Develop proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects, and provide assistance with insurance sales proposals for financial officers in preparation of prospect sales calls.
7. Develop and maintain a working relationship with insurance vendor representatives to improve sales and service to retail offices and customers.
8. Serve as primary agent for the servicing of crop insurance policies > $25,000 which includes gathering acreage reports and production histories.
9. Utilize Farm Credit Services of America sales tools, techniques and technology (i.e. Relationship, AgriView, etc.) to effectively complete, track and document sales and customer activities.
Additional functions of the position may include: 1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Eligibility requirements for Grade Level 24 Insurance Officer:
• The Insurance Leadership Team, by consensus, will determine annually who will qualify for the Grade Level 24 designation.
• Special projects/workgroup involvement.
• Consistent high performance evaluation ratings.
• Highly Complex and above average size of the book of business serviced directly.
• Size of the book of business in the marketplace served.
• 3 year positive trend in increasing net acres, the sale of new acres, and premium growth and a consistent top producer. (Baseline standards determined by ILT)
• Exemplary administration of insurance portfolio.
• Experience in the successful acquisition of an agency helpful.
• Projects a positive image (and exhibits leadership) in the marketplace as a representative of our agency.
Level 20: Bachelors degree in agriculture or a combination of education and/or equivalence to a bachelor’s degree. One to three years experience as a licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative with sales responsibilities preferred. Three to six years in a closely related ag field with sales and service related ag experience will be considered.
Number of customers: 75-100. 35% <600 acres, 55% 600-1,000 acres, 10% >1,000 acres. GFI Range <$750K.
Level 21: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 3 years experience as licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative or 6 years in a closely related ag field. Current valid insurance license in crop insurance preferred.
Number of customers: 75-100. 20% <600 acres, 60% 600-1,000 acres, 20% >1,000 acres. GFI Range <$750K.
Level 22-23: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 4-6 years experience as licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative. Current valid insurance license in crop insurance preferred.
Level 22: Number of customers: 70-90. 15% <600 acres, 60% 600-1,000 acres, 25% >1,000 acres. GFI Range >$750K.
Level 23: Number of customers: 60-80. 0% <600 acres, 30% 600-1,000 acres, 70% >1,000 acres. GFI Range >$750K.
Level 24: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or a combination of education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree. Minimum of 6-8 years experience as a licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative. Experience in servicing a large complex book of business and a proven record of growing a book of business. Current valid license in crop insurance required.
Number of customers: 60-80. 05% <600 acres, 30% 600-1,000 acres, 70% >1,000 acres. GFI Range >$750K.
Duties for all levels require:
• Excellent human relations skills, oral communication skills and written communication skills.
• In depth knowledge of crop, hail and livestock insurance.
• Knowledge of computer (Windows XP experience preferred) and general accounting procedures.
• Must be a self-starter and work with very little supervisions.
• Ability to initiate, organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel up to 70% with 5 – 15% overnight travel.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
• Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
Association sales force in assigned marketplace areas, insurance coordinators, insurance company representatives, agents, and claims processors, Farm Credit Services of America customers and potential customers.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to operate a computer and related peripheral equipment, telephone, laser printer, copier, fax machine and calculator proficiently, and perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to use and understand computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of this position.
• Ability to maintain a filing system by sorting, indexing and collating information.
• Ability to move from one location to another within the general office to utilize support services, use copiers and printers, access storage areas, file materials, and communicate one-on-one with staff and visitors.
• Ability to move about the office with occasional lifting, reaching and bending.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time to accomplish work at desk.
• Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and take messages as required.
• Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
• Ability to travel by automobile or commercial travel to carry out essential responsibilities.
• Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen, keying/typing, and ability to print information in both desktop and remote locations.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Date Posted||September 8, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 7, 2017|
|Located In||Baldwin City, KS|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $57,990.00 - $131,400.00|
|SOC Category||41-3021.00 Insurance Sales Agents|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories