The Insurance Officer Intern position is responsible for participation in an 11-week (40 hours/week) Intern Program with specific emphasis upon learning the primary responsibilities of an Insurance Specialist. Interns will actively participate in the assigned group intern team project. This position will receive an hourly wage of $17 per hour, plus a $250 starting bonus.
This Insurance Officer Intern position is available in 2 possible locations in Iowa: Mason City and Webster City. Please indicate which location(s) you are interested in via the assessment you must complete upon submission of your application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Exposure to sales production of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects.
2. Learn resources and techniques for prospecting new customers.
3. Observe marketing/sales and prospecting calls by Insurance Specialists.
4. Assist Insurance Specialists with organizing and coordinating insurance programs within assigned marketing areas.
5. Learn multi-peril and hail insurance products offered by Farm Credit Services of America.
6. Promote Farm Credit Services of America through various public activities.
7. Learn general office procedures. Conduct mailings on various Farm Credit of America promotions or products.
8. Attend staff meetings and participate, if applicable.
9. Observe sales support roles and responsibilities.
10. Complete special projects assigned.
Additional functions of the position may include: 1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Characteristics of an ideal candidate include: self-motivated, fast learner, customer service orientated. Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree, including minimum completion of sophomore year of college coursework. Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Possess advanced computer skills. Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
• Possess strong interest in pursuing a career involving insurance sales, marketing and territory management.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making and problem solving.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
•Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Farm Credit Services of America employees and vendors.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
• Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
• Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
• Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
• Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, and the public at all levels.
• Ability to use a keyboard and computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
• Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Date Posted||September 6, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 5, 2017|
|Address||Various - Mason City & Webster City|
|Located In||Mason City, IA|
|Job Type||Full-time Internship|
|SOC Category||41-3021.00 Insurance Sales Agents|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories