A collaborative mindset with an interest in helping to establish and improve quality best practices. The analyst will work within a cross-functional team to develop our software according to priorities and specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Identify, recommend, and help implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of software quality assurance strategies. Develop test strategies appropriate for development projects including risk-based test strategies.
- Serve as subject matter expert for defined areas of the system.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for less experienced QA team members including, but not limited to reviewing test plans for completeness, training testing best practices, and cultivating a deeper knowledge of the system.
- Effectively lead and drive to completion medium to large testing efforts with minimal direction.
- The analyst will operate as part of a cross-functional Agile team. The day-to-day feature development will be identified and prioritized by the product owner for that team.
- The team will meet daily to decide the highest priority work/tasks and complete working, tested, and production quality software before moving on to additional work.
- Collaborate with the product owner and team to estimate and breakdown high priority work items into smaller projects
- Collaborate with the team to decompose features into small pieces of working software that can be completed in a single iteration. Drive team investment choices in test tactics aligned to the risk-based testing strategy.
- Team members are expected to leverage their primary skill area and be open to learning and helping with other skill domains with the focus on completing the team’s work.
- Analyze acceptance criteria to create test cases for unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Design and write clear, concise test plans to verify whether software applications and systems meet functional requirements, design specifications, and performance goals for users. Test plans may be used for manual and/or automated testing.
- Execute test plans and analyze test results to identify defects and configuration issues. Proactively communicate defects/issues to team members including recommendations for correcting the issues. Work with the team to resolve defects/issues.
- Work with external load, performance, and regression testing teams to provide the required input to execute respective tests.
- Write supporting documentation for the software such as release notes, help documentation, articles, and features.
- Provide oral and written status to project lead and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Quality Assurance and testing best/emerging practices. Experience with web, mobile apps, or automation testing is a plus.
Cross-Functional Skill Development
- Quality Assurance will be the candidate’s main expertise, but analysts must be proactive about learning the skills and methods used across the various roles of the team.
- Ability to contribute to the teamwork to advance the highest priority work items for the team when their primary skill work is not available or needed.
Clear, effective communication skills – Must be comfortable and willing to openly discuss work items within a cross-functional team.
Strong desire to understand customer base combined with the ability to create appropriate data sets for testing a wide variety of customer use cases and processes. Ability to create reusable and applicable data sets for testing. Experience configuring and administering testing tools and frameworks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field or 7+ years of QA and testing experience within an enterprise-wide environment. Experience with Runscope/BlazeMeter, SOAP UI, and TestProject tools is a plus.
Strong background in manual and automated software testing practices.
Experience in writing technical documents, help documentation, and release notes is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands.