At DMSi, we believe “focus on the user and all else will follow”. We are a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, interaction and visual designers, web developers, and user experience architects who collaborate closely with each other to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and research skills to produce web applications. He/She will thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business, and how to solve for them through design. We are looking for a leader, a visionary.
As a member of the DMSi team, the Lead UX Designer will work as a user experience architect and researcher on DMSi’s web application development platform in a fast paced, Agile environment.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
Everyone at DMSi is a bright, smart, educated and experienced individual. You should be too!
- Your portfolio needs to be better than our current work – we're looking for the best
- Ability to create and bring ideas to the team, present and defend recommendations, collect input, and deliver excellence
- Design user experience flow, wireframes, and prototypes to help illustrate design concepts across all platforms (website, tablet and mobile)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management; remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Passion for driving beautiful, intuitive consumer-friendly web applications and products
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with high attention to detail
- Ample practical experience with current web technologies
- Maintain a solid understanding of the industry, of the customer base, and of the software technology stack
- Demonstrated fluency in the design of responsive web experiences
- Strong research skill to organize and structure use case definitions
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, InVision or other design tools
- 5+ Years of Design experience working on high-level strategic initiatives
We have great benefits including health and dental insurance
DMSi is dedicated to emerging technologies and idea generation
Never be bored. You'll work on a huge, once-in-a-lifetime project from the ground up
We favor autonomy over micro managers
We hire only incredibly talented people
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual demands