Do you have a love of learning? Do you enjoy helping to solve problems? Are you a team player with great communication skills? Look no further than DMSi! We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst who wants to learn something new every day and help develop software solutions with a great cross-functional development team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Operate as part of a cross-functional Agile team.
- Collaborate with the product owner to understand project scope and vision.
- Write concise and effective User Stories.
- Define precise and accurate User Story acceptance criteria to be used by developers, quality analysts and product owners to ensure that the product owners’ intent is effectively captured.
- Gather requirements through various methods which may include customer interviews, questionnaires, surveys, workflow and process analysis, observation, and other methods.
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs.
- Collaborate with customers, stakeholders, product owners, and design team during application changes and validate changes to meet business needs and goals.
- Attend daily standup with Agile team to decide the highest priority work/tasks.
- Collaborate with team members to decompose features into small pieces of working software that can be completed in a single iteration.
- Arrange and perform user acceptance testing or customer reviews with the customer(s) and internal stakeholders.
- Review test plans to verify they meet the acceptance criteria and intent of user stories.
- Write or review supporting documentation for the software such as release notes, help documentation, articles, and features.
- Team members are expected to leverage their primary skill area but be open to learning and helping with other skill domains with the focus on completing the Agile team’s work.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
Strong knowledge and application of Agile methodology
Great analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Cross functional member of Agile development team
Superior presentation and negotiation skills; able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it
Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
Strong adaptability and capacity to work on multiple projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Analysis, Business Administration, MIS or related fields
Two to five years Business Analyst experience
Strong background in software design lifecycle, project management, and business analyst best practices
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with the use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands