A strategic mindset with an interest in core business logic programming, tools and best practices, mentoring, and Agile/Lean methodologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for hiring and coaching development employees. This includes, but is not limited to development processes and tools, understanding the backend programming language, code standards, best practices, personal growth, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of the team.
- Build and maintain productive stakeholder relationships, keeping them informed throughout the development cycle. Collaborate with other departments to deliver better solutions, determine release scope, and support overall department goals and objectives.
- Champions change and takes initiative before and when problems arise and when opportunities are presented.
- Provide Agile and lean methodologies leadership. A strong advocate for the development process and culture of continuous improvement.
- Build relationships with team members and guides teammates towards results and helps develop others to achieve their goals.
- Develop processes and backups to ensure that the team has been cross-trained in various areas of the business.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient processes and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work as an advocate of the customer in the technical process, promoting collaboration between customers, development team members, and team members in other departments.
- Attends and participates in internal department and management meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various programming languages and best/emerging practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be comfortable and willing to openly discuss work items within a cross-functional team
- Capability for providing direction, supervision, coaching, and mentorship
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Strong desire to manage, grow and mentor a team
- Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
5+ years of programming experience within an enterprise-wide environment.
Strong understanding of software design lifecycle and software design practices.