The Enterprise IT Architect is responsible for defining and executing DMSi’s cloud and microservices strategy. The candidate will also identify opportunities, and lead project efforts to modernize and maintain applications in the cloud. This will involve building application roadmaps, providing technical education, best practices, cloud solutions, while also improving business value. Providing regular updates to business unit leaders on cloud opportunities, progress, and future direction will be key.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Leads a highly impactful team on the architecture and development of the current offerings as well as shape the future of applications on cutting-edge cloud technologies.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of hosted microservices/container infrastructure and container automation/orchestration platforms consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and security requirements.
- Leads the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Windows Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Services are consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and security requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for the evaluation of new technologies, tools, and/or development techniques that impact platform scalability.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, lead developers and implementation teams to identify appropriate technology and cloud hosting solutions.
- Develops, enhances, documents and disseminates information on high availability and disaster recovery planning, processes, standards, and initiatives.
- Balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision.
- Analyzing and designing controls to secure public/ private/ hybrid cloud deployments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in microservices/container architectures, orchestration, and automation; Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible preferred.
- Experience in software design and development, systems operations/management; database architecture, storage, and IT security.
- Strong knowledge of organizational control standards e.g., SOC 1, SOC 2, SSAE 16, ISO 27001, or NIST 800-37.
- Cloud reference architectures and best practices.
- Experience with private & public cloud solutions.
- Experience managing or working with cross-functional teams and partners to deliver against project goals.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Estimating cloud costs, and identifying associated cost-control mechanisms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent education.
- 10+ years in enterprise, solution, system and/or software architecture, with a proven, successful history of enterprise-level implementations and integrations.
- 5+ years architecting/designing scalable, multi-tenant cloud platforms. Analytic applications highly preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with the use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands.