The Marketing Tradeshow Specialist is responsible for the research, registration, coordination, implementation and analysis of DMSi tradeshows, sponsorships and marketing events to engage DMSi prospects and customers. The Specialist manages tradeshow data and customer reports in our CRM application in addition to ensuring DMSi’s message is effectively delivered to the target audience. The Specialist will also support marketing as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage Tradeshow, Sponsorship, and Marketing Event Activities.
- Manage and execute creative presence at trade shows and events, including all aspects of creative ideation, logistical planning, execution, wrap-up and evaluation.
Management of turnkey and custom booth design process, graphics, booth furnishings, etc.
- Work with cross-functional internal teams on event format and content, ensuring it supports DMSi strategy and vision.
- Manage and execute tradeshow and event customer/prospect communications.
- Use exceptional project management skills to develop project timelines ensuring all stakeholders are working together to deliver a customer-focused, high-quality event.
- Work with subject-matter experts to manage content, presenters, and messaging.
- Oversee complete program/tradeshow operation and logistics (some travel required).
- Evaluate, measure, and report on strategic effectiveness of the overall event/project.
- Manage association contacts to establish and maintain relationships.
- Manage all data and reports for associations, tradeshows, events and sponsorships.
- Conduct research on new tradeshows to evaluate DMSi fit.
- Manage literature inventory and fulfillment, promotional gift inventory, department expense processing, and association relationships.
- Assist with customer conference as needed.
- Maintain activities in accordance with DMSi guidelines and implements brand standards.
- Provide communication support to Marketing as needed. Items may include lead delegation, newsletter sign-ups, mail distribution, industry and event postings, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Office, CRM, database queries, Acrobat Professional and SurveyMonkey.
- Registration, planning and implementation for tradeshows, sponsorships, events, eblasts and other customer/prospect’s activities.
- Ability to reason including defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and draws valid conclusion. Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Quickly absorbs new information.
- Ability to complete intricate, multi-step projects with self-direction and initiative while under pressure and deadlines. Explains complicated ideas in an accurate and easily understandable manner.
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration skills and multi-tasking.
- A self-starter and a highly organized individual.
- Attention to detail and quality in work products.
- Clear understanding of grammar and enjoys proofreading and writing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Marketing, Business, other related discipline or equivalent work experience. Four years’ experience with tradeshow/marketing event management and/or project management.