The Senior System Engineer will be a member of our cloud services team at DMSi. This individual will be responsible for design, implementation and management of the infrastructure supporting our traditional hosted ERP environment as well as drive our evolving web/microservices infrastructure strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the web and Docker/microservices Infrastructure of cloud hosted environments
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems Level 3 support for problems identified in the cloud web environment
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting and/or on-call availability as needed
- Customer Service escalation for customers regarding performance, connectivity and configuration issues
- Develop and execute on strategies to drive automation throughout the datacenter and microservices infrastructure
- Configure, test and maintain data center systems including Windows, Linux, Progress Rollbase and other satellite applications
- Proactively monitor web system performance and capacity and develop the plans necessary to address our continuous growth.
- Monitor and manage application and databases at remote data center
- Ensure supported systems are highly reliable, secure, and performing at acceptable levels
- Provide oversight of server resources, application logs, scheduled tasks, and backups/restores
- Create and Maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to the data center, server, network, application and configurations
- Interface with third party vendors
- Cloud/SaaS - Overall design and administration
- Microservices – Experience designing, deploying and managing Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Operating Systems – Linux/UNIX Administration, Microsoft Windows
- Web Services - IIS & Apache Tomcat
- Linux/Unix scripting – Unix shell scripting and Python
- NOC/Data Center Operations
- ITIL Best Practices – Service Delivery and Service Support processes
- Virtualization - VMware vSphere/ESX Engineering and Administration
- Amazon Web Services AWS - Administration
- Firewalls and Load Balancer expertise
- Progress Rollbase Administration a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of virtualization and/or microservices management, system administration, network design, database and VMware experience
- Work effectively as an individual or a team member
- Ability to prioritize existing projects while working to provide Level 3 support
- Effectively utilize tools to resolve issues and escalate appropriately
- Excellent time management, organization and documentation skills
- Experience with Database Administration – monitoring, maintenance, replication
- Proven background or providing excellent customer service.
- Able to provide on-call system support, including nights and weekends
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands.
DMSi benefits include a wellness program with incentives, casual dress, education assistance, holidays, and Paid Time Off just to name a few. Our building provides onsite fitness facilities, multiple break rooms with gaming equipment, and outdoor seating areas. DMSi is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online or submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Sr System Engineer
17002 Marcy Street, Suite 200
Omaha, NE 68118