The Senior Developer’s primary day to day function is to create high quality software solutions by developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining applications, while assisting with the leading and mentoring of junior team members in a highly collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to work independently on tasks to deliver robust and scalable solutions that are well designed and tested within the guidelines and design patterns established by the Technical Lead and Architect.
The candidate must have a strong commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards along with a good understanding and commitment to the Catholic and Jesuit mission of Creighton University.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years combined experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with Hadoop or other modern noSQL technology stacks
- Experience with at least one CMS platform like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, Typo3, etc.
- Experience with at least one integration platform like Talend, MuleSoft, Informatica, etc., using APIs, REST service, WebHooks, JSON, and XML, etc.
- Experience with GIT GITHub, or GITflow
- Understanding of modern web architectures including micro-services
- Understanding of UX design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability guidelines
- Full stack experience
- Knowledge of end user programs and cross-browser compatibility issues in web page design
- Higher Education experience preferred
- Strong preference for experience working in a DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
Must currently hold or pass the ITIL V.4 Foundation Certification Exam within 12 months of start date.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound:15 lbs.)
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.