This faculty member will function as Principal Faculty, an integral member of the faculty team. They will participate in the creation, implementation and delivery of curriculum and student assessment in the didactic and clinical phases of the program.
Reports to: Program Director, Phoenix PA Program
• Assists in the preparation of ARC-PA application and documentation
• Participates in the ongoing program evaluation necessary for accreditation compliance
• Participates in the development, review, and revision of the program’s mission statement, goals, outcomes, and competencies
• Directs or co-directs courses, including the design, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of individual courses
• Teaches in classroom and small group settings
• Develops and participates in student assessment, evaluation, and remediation
• Provides advising and academic counseling to students
• Participates in site visits to clinical preceptors, and other activities in the clinical phase of the program, as needed
• Participates in PA Program committees as assigned
• Serves on Creighton University and School of Medicine committees, as requested
• Participates in scholarly activity in areas of interest
• Contributes to student admissions process, to include application evaluation, interviews, and selection of matriculating students
• Assists in the preparation of ARC-PA documentation regarding the admissions process.
• Chairs the Admissions Committee, which will be responsible for writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission criteria, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains primary responsibility for CASPA
• Coordinates the interview process with Program Manager
• Directs applicant screening for required admission criteria
• Investigates and resolves admissions procedure-related concerns submitted by applicants
• Prepares admissions reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
Potential candidates for an Assistant Professor are encouraged to review the Faculty Handbook at:
• Master’s Degree
• Arizona State License (or license-eligible)
• 5+ years of experience in PA education
• Experience in the PA Admissions process
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to foster student learning, development, and decision making in support of their goals, success, wellness, and needs;
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
Ability to provide evidence of excellent university-level teaching and/or significant publications
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Travel: No and Yes
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No and Yes
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.