The Department of Clinical Research has an opening for a Statistician/Research Analyst. This position provides methodological and statistical support for research projects proposed by faculty and learners (fellows, residents, students) across the Departments and Divisions within the School of Medicine (SOM) at Creighton University in Omaha. Under the supervision of the Director of Statistics and Informatics, the Statistician/Research Analyst will assist with question/hypothesis development, project feasibility, study design, sample size estimates, database management, statistical analysis, results interpretation, data presentation, and manuscript preparation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Serve as study design and statistical support for research projects.
• Provide project-specific consultation to faculty, learners (fellows, residents, students), and committees within the SOM.
• Manage project specific databases.
• Deliver preliminary reports containing interpretation and visualization of study results.
• Assist with manuscript preparation by writing the Method and Results sections as well as preparing Tables, Figures, and/or other data visualizations to assist with interpretation.
• Provide methodological support and research-related didactic presentations to Research Interest Groups.
• Develop brief didactic content for Department and Division journal clubs specific to methodological and/or analytic approaches within article(s) under consideration.
• Stay current with analytical trends related to quantitative analyses.
• Depending on experience, provide mentoring to less experienced members of the Statistics and Informatics team.
• Perform other research-related duties as assigned.
This positon will work Monday to Friday; normal business hours; depending upon research needs position may require evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Please note, position will require selected candidate to work at Bergan Mercy/CHI Medical Center (7500 Mercy Road, Omaha, NE 68124).
This position will also require additional compliance requirements as a non-CHI member.
• Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, or another quantitative field.
• Completed or in-progress Doctoral degree preferred.
• Two years of relevant data analysis and database management experience outside of their degree program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Experience working with large, national-level healthcare administrative databases (e.g., National Cancer Database [NCDB], Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results [SEER], Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services [CMS], Nationwide Readmissions Database [NRD]).
• Experience with syntax-based programming (e.g., SQL) and statistical software (e.g., SAS, Stata, R, SPSS).
• Ability to estimate and interpret generalized linear mixed models (GLMMs) and generalized estimating equations (GEEs).
• Established record of peer-reviewed publication specifically focused on writing of Method and Results sections.
• Established record of providing research mentorship.
• Established record of explaining/presenting statistical results to individuals with limited statistical training.
• Experience developing and delivering research-specific didactic content.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong desire to learn and increase one’s own methodological and statistical skill set.
• Seeing: 75-100%
• Hearing: 75-100%
• Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0-24%
• Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: up to 10 lbs.)
• Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 0-24%
• Travel: 0-24%
• Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.