The Phoenix Health Sciences Campus is home to an interprofessional simulation center that utilizes numerous pieces of healthcare simulation equipment. At full capacity The PHSC will serve up to 900 students with studies in Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant. The simulation center utilizes as many as 12 high fidelity human patient simulators, task trainers, medical infusion pumps, cardiac equipment, simulated ventilators, and ECG machines. In addition there are more than 28 AV mediated spaces that utilize local as well as cloud-based LMS systems. The breadth and depth of this specialized equipment is not within the scope of support offered by MyIT. This position serves as a liaison between simulation educators, third-party vendors, and Creighton IT services to ensure the proper functionality of all simulation equipment. This position will operate, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, and repair simulation equipment as well as complete records and maintenance schedules as needed.
Simulation Program Support
Simulation Lab Support
Simulation Center Office Support
Product Research and Testing
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience within one or more of the following preferred:
- Experience supporting health science simulation activities
- Experience on supporting and maintaining technology
- Experience with higher education assessment technologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of healthcare simulation software and hardware.
- Skills in in troubleshooting and repairing healthcare simulation equipment.
- Skills in operating simulation equipment and audio-visual equipment.
- Proficiency in MS software applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet, and database use.
- Skills in developing and maintaining inventory and maintenance records.
- Skills in training faculty and staff in the proper use of simulation equipment.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and professionally to others with various backgrounds and level of technical knowledge.
- Ability to learn new skills and technology quickly and independently.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks in an everchanging environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and require minimal oversight.
- Ability to work well under pressure, set priorities and make critical decisions.
- Ability to empathize and connect with various coworkers and stakeholders to build a positive team environment.
Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) preferred.
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.