Position Title: Project Manager I
Join the Creighton Community!
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the University’s Facility Planning, Design and Construction Team. Bring your knowledge, skills, experience, and passion to Creighton University.
Creighton University’s main Omaha, Nebraska campus spans over 150 acres has over 50 buildings (including 9 dormitories) and employs over 2000 people making it one of the largest employers in the Omaha community. A comprehensive Jesuit university we are comprised of nine (9) colleges and schools including Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Professional Studies, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Health Professions, Dentistry, and a Graduate School. Creighton University was founded in 1878 and has an enrollment of approximately 8,000 students. We have a diverse student body and workforce.
The Planning, Design and Construction group are professionals supporting Creightons mission by providing quality services, the management of physical assets, and the stewardship of resources in accordance with University polices, values, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
Facilities Management is committed to:
- Conducting operations in a manner which demonstrates a high standard of personal integrity and organizational ethics
- Acquiring and retaining high quality, well-trained employees.
- Developing and adhering to practices which conserve natural resources, promote the use of reusable resources, and protect the environment.
- Emphasizing a customer and community service - oriented approach.
- Developing and implementing programs and plans that optimize the utilization of buildings and land.
- Enhancing the appearance of campus to attract new students and employees and to facilitate educational delivery.
Our Planning, Design, and Construction staff are critical to the university’s success. Project Manager I will have responsibilities in managing some or all facets of project management integration, scope, cost, quality, procurement, communications, risk management and stakeholder management on projects varying in size. A Project Manager I will be responsible for, or assist in, developing the scope of a project, gather estimates, meet with contractors, schedule work, and oversee completion for safe, on-time, on-budget results.
Project Manager I provide professional and administrative services associated with the planning, coordinating, design and construction of routine projects under the direction of senior team members or the Director. The Project Manager I will have responsibilities within the project management life cycle of construction and engineering projects on campus from remodels to new construction.
Essential Job Functions:
Defines project scope, prepares project estimate and schedules.
Works closely with internal and external cross functional teams, contractors, and suppliers, to achieve desired result.
Prepares progress reports and provides them on a consistent basis to Director and stakeholders.
Monitors and coordinates projects to assure completion in accordance with schedule. Provides problem resolution.
Reviews engineering and architectural drawings and specification to ensure they meet the University’s standards and are in compliance with building codes and other governing regulations.
Participates in and facilitates project meetings.
Monitor the status of project permits and inspections to ensure that they are completed and properly documented.
Address, manage, and report on critical issues impacting project quality and safety.
Ensures database is maintained and updated with accurate information. Able to generate requested reports.
May require occasional weekend hours if projects need oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Construction Technology or related experience.
- Minimum of two years project management roles in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or a related field.
- Professional licensing or certification in related field desirable
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Self-starter who is used to being given tasks and bringing them to completion with little supervision.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with department leaders and external vendors and contractors.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, demonstrate discipline and independent judgement.
- Experience in reading blueprints, schematic drawings and /or construction drawings.
- Knowledge of estimating, budgeting, and scheduling practices
- Cost management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Access database proficiency and exposure to project management software a plus
- CAD experience preferred.
- Must have a current and valid drivers license with a clean driving record for the last 3 years and no major violations within the last 5 years;
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.