The College of Nursing Coordinator for Clinical Placements and Compliance work directly with local and national agencies to secure undergraduate preceptorship and clinical placement opportunities for all Traditional, ANC and Graduate nursing students. Organize preceptorship lottery and communicate assignments and onboarding requirements to all students. Monitor, update, and keep current Board of Nursing (BON) and distance education requirements, ensuring all compliance requirements are met for faculty and students. Initiate and oversee all requests into placement portal systems for both Undergraduate and Graduate clinical placements; communicating facility deadlines and expectations to faculty and students.
40%: Obtains clinical and preceptorship placements for undergraduate and graduate nursing students. Assures State BON, agency, and distance education requirements are met. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with clinical agencies. Enters and maintains information in eValue regarding preceptorships and contracts.
50% Verifies and confirms clinical compliance for undergraduate students.
10% Processes clinical and preceptorship requests in conjunction with compliance, with portal deadlines and facility requirements to ensure progression of students.
This position is an exempt level role and will work normal business hours, Monday-Friday.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required; Master’s preferred;
• 4 years clinical nursing experience and/or academic or administrative experience;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
• High level of Customer service focus both face-to-face and e-communications;
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrated experience managing clinical placement;
• Experience with clinical undergraduate and graduate nursing education;
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
• Ability to work in access of 40 hours including evening, weekend, and holiday work;
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events;
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Ability to lead and train staff and/or students;
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports;
• Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment;
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented environment
Required licenses and/or certifications:
A current unencumbered RN licensure in the state of Nebraska, or eligibility for licensure;
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 75 – 100%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 25 – 74%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24 % (pound: 15 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: Yes
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.