The Research Program Planner will manage the research & scholaship initiatives at Creighton University (with particular attention to undergraduate initiatives), and report to the Associate Vice Provost for Research and Scholarship (AVPR&S) and the Director of the Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURAS).
- Assist students seeking undergraduate research opportunities
- Maintain the University Research website (with particular attention to the CURAS website)
- Communicate regularly with the Scholarships and Fellowships Faculty Coordinator
- Develop and implement an advertisement and promotion campaign to market research (with particular attention to undergraduate research)
- Provide communication to campus regarding research & scholarship events
- Plan, coordinate and implement CURAS events
- Assist with administration of the CURAS Student Ambassadors Program
- Manage Faculty and Student funding opportunities
- Plan and oversee all research budget expenditures from the CURAS/AVPR&S accounts
- Work with student employment, human resources, and payroll
- Work with AVPR&S/CURAS Director/CURAS Advisory Board to create and implement assessment measures
- Prepare annual reports on research productivity (with specific attention to undergraduate research and assessment statistics on undergraduate research involvement/impact/outcomes)
- Serve as a resource for faculty and students regarding research questions (with particular attention to undergraduate research)
- Coordinate all aspects of CURAS poster printing
- Work with AVPR&S/CURAS Director/CURAS Advisory Board to create and implement enhanced research programs (with particular attention to undergraduate research)
- Forward information to students and faculty about additional undergraduate research opportunities
- Identify external granting opportunities through collaboration with University Relations
- Facilitate Research & Scholarship funding award announcements for all faculty and undergraduate research student programs
- Oversee the planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating of all research activities (with attention to CURAS activities that promote undergraduate research)
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
Masters Degree in Education, Research Methods, or a related field supplemented with 3 - 5 years of experience working in higher education with faculty, researchers, and students preferred
2-4 years related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of continuing education programs.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills;
Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel etc.).
Familiarity with assessment tools/collection of online data.
Experience with and understanding of experiential learning is required.
Demonstrated understanding of undergraduate research is essential.
Must be committed to academic excellence, social justice and service, values-based leadership, global awareness and diversity.
Must have the ability to embrace, promote and articulate the Universitys Jesuit Catholic identity and to work effectively with undergraduate students in a holistic manner with enthusiasm for providing student-centered services in the Ignatian tradition.
A background in Higher Education is preferred.
Experience in college student advisement, undergraduate research and faculty interaction is preferred.
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 15 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.