This position manages curriculum for a third-year medical student clerkships and elective fourth year medical student rotations.
This position is responsible for coordinating the medical student rotation and serves as primary medical student resource for the department in which they are assigned. The program, may be scientific, research, educational, or service oriented. Duties typically include administration, scheduling students and faculty, budget management and control, program implementation and administration, internal and external operational/administrative liaison, program marketing, and reporting.
- Assists the Clerkship Director and M3/M4 Component Director to ensure all clerkship educational objectives and standards are achieved.
- Serve as liaison between the Clerkship Director/Department Chair and the medical students, and between faculty and students on a wide range of academic, administrative, and or personal issues.
- Monitor student progress through the rotation to ensure that all graduation requirements are being met and initiate remedial action when necessary to maintain academic standards.
- Coordinates, administers, proctors and grades regularly scheduled student clinical examinations.
- Develops, prepares, and distributes curriculum information and associated materials to faculty and students rotating through the clerkship.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding curriculum and other requirements.
- Advises students on curriculum, electives, and testing.
- Maintains school databases and systems to gather and analyze statistical information.
- Manages clerkship budget.
- Prepares reports on student progress and department educational outcomes.
Clerkship Administrator for Medical Education Curriculum Management System
- Assist faculty, residents, and students with log-in problems.
- Provides access and instructions for new faculty and residents.
- Enter faculty and resident information to generate performance evaluations.
- Monitor compliance of faculty and resident completion of evaluations; provide regular compliance reports to Director.
- Prepares and distributes lecture evaluations and compiles results for physicians.
- Maintains records and prepares timely grade reports for third year medical students in accordance with School guidelines.
- Provides coordinator support for electives/selectives that compose the M3 and M4 curricula.
Associates Degree and/or relevant experience.
2 years administrative and/or office management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments;
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
Ability to lead and train staff and/or students;
Knowledge of finance, accounting, and budgeting procedures;
Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports;
Ability to function effectively as a team member, while exercising independent and critical judgment;
Ability to prioritize work with multiple and conflicting demands in a deadline-oriented environment
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 50 – 74%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 – 24%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24 % (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.