This senior level position is responsible for solving organizational information problems and analyzing requirements; designing computer programs; recommending system controls and protocols. The senior business systems analyst is responsible for the analysis, adjustment and restructuring of different aspects of the University’s systems, processes, and operational functions.
Through strong knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, this senior position helps the University address changes through technology. This position works independently on projects with very large scope and impact.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable discipline plus 4-6 years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and data or equivalent combination of experience, certification and education is required.
- Team Skills: Supports teammates at all times and in any way necessary to maintain a productive, energetic, efficient and dynamic University team. Communicates effectively and frequently both verbally and in writing with other members of the team. Collaborates with other teammates to provide assistance, and expertise, as well as to receive expert input and assistance from others delivering the best solution and experience for the customer.
- Customer Service: Must possess an aptitude for patience, professionalism, tactfulness and empathy. Must be enthusiastic and committed to helping others and exhibit the ability to quickly assess the specific needs of the customer to determine an appropriate course of action. Must be able to quickly defuse stressful or anxious situations.
- Business acumen coupled with technical knowledge
- Experience working on technology and application development projects including developing technical requirements
- Strong listening skills
- Strong research skills with attention to detail
- Experience developing functional and non-functional requirements
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development
- Recognized within the organization as demonstrating expertise in business analysis methods and modeling techniques
- Experience developing use cases
- Experience developing data and process flows
- Must be able to work independently and proactively
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated successful performance with, giving presentations to both small and large audiences, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly-functioning and productive team
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support
- Proven ability to provide business analysis for large scope project teams to meet customer expectations
- Demonstrated understanding of business analyst tools and techniques; demonstrated proficiency using MS Office and Visio tools
- ITIL framework and IT product methodologies
- Familiarity with testing techniques and software
Prior experience in higher education environments a plus
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI-PBA) preferred
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Hearing: 75 – 100%
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 – 24%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0 – 24% (pound: 15lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice