The Standardized Patient (SP) manager will recruit, hire, orient and train new SPs for participation in simulation activities.
- Directs SP training sessions using standardized coaching techniques used to prepare the SP of role expectations for each performance according to the program objectives
- Manage resources needed for the SP program including supplies
- Organize the scheduling of SPs for simulation activities and evaluation
- Recruit and evaluate new SPs, conduct interviews and coordinate auditions and evaluations
- Track SP hours to ensure accurate documentation and timely processing of payment
- Work with the Director of Education to update and maintain policies and procedures
- Ensures best practices are being implemented consistently
- Participates and leads quality improvement processes
- Tracks and calculates payroll hours for standardized patients and federal work students
- Performs duties including scheduling, data entry, answering phones, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, data tracking and hours
- Supports research activities that take place in the Center and are consistent with educational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years experience in project management/team collaboration
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated evidence of having exemplary organization and interpersonal skills and works as a team player
- Knowledge of innovative technologies including how to operate AV equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated knowledge of the B Line evaluation system
- Post graduate work or a Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience in healthcare simulation
Standing/Climbing/Mobility: 0 -25%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-25 %
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.