Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Block Directors and Discipline Stewards to ensure anatomy objectives are met and content is delivered in a manner consistent with the New ERA Curriculum.
- Create curriculum and course materials, design assessments, and evaluate students.
- Provide oversight to the Anatomy manager on the acquisition, storage, management and cremation of anatomy lab cadavers
- Demonstrate a commitment to active learning pedagogy and competency based medical education.
- Assist in identifying, hiring, and orienting faculty to fill anatomy positions.
- Work closely with faculty on the Omaha and Phoenix campus to create appropriate content and learning sessions.
- Provide feedback to teaching faculty regarding teaching methods and evaluation.
- Participate in, and promote, Peer Teaching Evaluation and Provide Feedback to teaching faculty.
- Oversee faculty submission of course materials required for curriculum mapping to program objectives and curriculum content mapping in a timely manner.
- Ensure comparability of clerkships between Omaha and Phoenix Regional Campus.
- Model best-practice teaching methods.
- Participate in the identification of at-risk students and provide support, tutoring, or referral to Academic Success Consultants as indicated.
- Be familiar with accreditation requirements and lead and participate in Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to Educational Policy Committee-approved Program Objectives.
- Enforce medical education program policies and propose new policies as needed.
- Communicate effectively with medical students and all other stakeholders.
- Serve on CUSOM committees as requested.
- Maintain membership in at least one professional organization as related to anatomy, surgery, or academic medicine (e.g., American Association of Anatomists, American Association of Clinical Anatomists, American College of Surgeons, etc.)
- Engage in scholarly activity in one’s area of expertise and promote opportunities for research and publication among anatomy faculty.
Potential candidates for an Associate Professor are encouraged to review the Faculty Handbook at:
Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree required.
- Experience teaching in medical education for a minimum of three years preferred.
- Experience managing teams and/or leading projects with a track record of strong interpersonal and communication skills.
A Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university;
2-4 years prior teaching experience;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to foster student learning, development, and decision making in support of their goals, success, wellness, and needs;
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with a diversity of populations;
Empathy and compassion for the experiences of others;
Ability to provide evidence of excellent university-level teaching and/or significant publications
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: 10 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Travel: No and Yes
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No and Yes
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.