The ETL Developer role will be responsible for developing and implementing ETL processes from a variety of data sources. This includes building high-level conceptual models, logical models and production of high-quality documentation. The ETL Developers will also participate in requirements gathering, collecting data definitions, source to target mapping, and defining and implementing data transformation, quality checking, cleansing, and standardization processes. The role will also be responsible for testing the resulting processes for accuracy and performance.
Although this is an individual contributor role, this is a highly collaborative Agile team environment requiring personal flexibility in performing a variety of roles such as analyst, designer, developer, tester, and mentor when needed; all to take the necessary steps to ensure our customers needs are met to the maximum extent possible in an accurate and timely manner.
Bachelors Degree in Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years combined experience in one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to develop ETL jobs, database schemas, tables, indexes, views, queries, and understand the implementation tradeoffs of various methodologies.
- Strong experience with ETL tool (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, etc.)
- Provide the development, testing and maintenance of ETL processes using Talend or similar product to support strategic objectives.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and develop solutions to complex problems
- Experience with basic database administration in SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with complex query development in PL/SQL and T-SQL.
- Experience with the development and use of APIs.
- Experience working in a DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Higher Education experience preferred
Must currently hold or pass the ITIL Foundation Certification Exam within 12 months of start date.
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound:15 lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.