Be a part of something exciting and position yourself for the future!
Bring your knowledge, skills and passion to Creighton University and help us to lead, inspire, and make an impact on campus and in our communities.
Creighton University, located in Omaha, NE, spans over 150 acres and employs over 2,000 people making it one of the largest employers in the Omaha community. A private comprehensive Jesuit university we are comprised of nine (9) colleges and schools including Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Professional Studies, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Health Professions, Dentistry, and a Graduate School. Founded in 1878, with annual enrollment in excess of 8,700 students, Creighton University is ranked 112th out of 389 national Universities by U.S. News & World Report magazine’s “America’s Best Colleges” edition.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of Internal Audit, the Senior Auditor assumes responsibility for and performs value-added assurance and consulting engagements on the approved risk-based annual service plan in accordance with professional standards and Internal Audit Department policies and procedures. The Senior Auditor is a key contributor and lead auditor in the performance of assurance and consulting engagements and other administrative projects or Department activities. The Senior Auditor is responsible for engagement execution including planning, fieldwork, and reporting and will work independently and have the opportunity to supervise the work of a team of auditors (including student workers and interns).
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related/relevant field.
- Three to seven years of experience and working knowledge of professional auditing and accounting standards, principles and practices. Previous experience in public accounting or internal audit is preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Demonstrated adherence to The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks, governance, and risk management practices.
- Proficiency in the execution of the audit process with consultative skills to conduct and participate in complex projects under the guidance of the Executive Director.
- Strong analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail, and interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of University management and staff to examine issues and formulate practical solutions.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision, efficiently manage time and workload, to include planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports.
- Proficiency in the use of use of data interrogation and analysis software (e.g. IDEA).
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, and database).
The following attributes will further distinguish the candidate:
- Ability to perform data analytics and to capture, manage, and evaluate data and execute computer assisted audit techniques.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Understanding of college and university operations, associated risks, and the regulatory environment.
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA).
Each employee is a member of the Creighton community—and we want each individual to maintain a productive, healthy life on and off campus. In addition to our excellent benefits package (Medical, Vision, Dental, 403b Retirement Plans with immediate match, paid maternal and paternal leave), our employees enjoy a variety of programs and discounts to support a work-life balance to include: Tuition discounts and tuition remission programs, free on-campus gym memberships, wellness programs, legal assistance program, access to discounted pharmacy services, generous holiday schedules and more.
Creighton is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We value a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and welcoming environment for all students, staff, faculty, and guests.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related/relevant field.
Three to seven years of experience and working knowledge of professional auditing and accounting standards, principles and practices. Previous experience in public accounting or internal audit is preferred.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Familiarity with internal control frameworks, governance, and risk management practices.
Strong analytical skills
Strong written/verbal communication skills
High attention to detail
Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Ability to efficiently manage time and workload, to include planning, organizing, prioritizing, and following through on a variety of tasks, assignments, projects, and reports.
Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
Previous experience in public accounting or internal audit is preferred.
Understanding of college and university operations and the associated regulatory environment is desired.
Basic computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office Suite of business applications (word processing, spreadsheet, and data base)
Ability to use data interrogation and analysis software (IDEA or ACL) is expected.
Ability to perform data analytics and to capture, manage, and evaluate data and execute computer assisted audit techniques highly desired.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) recommended. In accordance with Department Policy 1.2 all professional staff members are to attain the CIA designation or other approved certification within two years of employment.
Adherence to The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework is required.
Seeing: 75 – 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: lbs.)
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: 75 – 100%
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.