The Creighton University Health Education Alliance is seeking a Research Program Manager to support scholarly activity and to help Creighton learners in Phoenix to navigate through the research process within Alliance Partners. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for Creighton learners for instruction around how to initiate research projects, provide connection to mentors and resources, and assist in navigating the Alliance Partner IRB processes. The Research Coordinator will promote and expand the scholarly activity footprint in Arizona under Creighton University programs across the Alliance partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships and partner with research administration personnel at both Valleywise and St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center to understand the workflow of each site.
- Ensure Creighton learners follow proper compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Serves as the liaison between Creighton Alliance and IRB leadership at both institutions.
- Develop, implement and manage a research navigation guide for all Creighton learners to understand the process and requirements for research and quality project development at each institution.
- Participate in annual department orientations to introduce new learners to the research infrastructure at Alliance partner sites. Provide annual (at a minimum) research process review to Creighton learners.
- Direct learners to appropriate resources for support, such as statistical analysis. Develop partnerships outside of Alliance partners to utilize should internal resources reach capacity.
- Manages workflow for Creighton learners and Alliance partner personnel as it relates to research and quality improvement project process.
- In partnership with academic leadership, develops and maintains mentorship listing to support learners in identifying research and project mentors.
- Stays abreast of frequently changing regulations, guidelines, accreditation requirements and other content related to resident and student scholarly activity requirements.
- Work with GME program leadership on regular reporting on scholarly activities under Alliance programs.
- Identifies best practices and future trends to continuously improve offerings/support to faculty and learners.
- Seeks and supports application process for grant funding to support research initiatives.
- Assesses resource needs and develops recommendations to Alliance and partners to streamline scholarly activity management, reporting and support.
- Participates as needed in leadership committee meetings, establishes and maintains close collaborations with Alliance partners; and serves on relevant committees within the teaching sites.
3-5 years in Research administration experience, preferably in an academic setting.
Associates degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Successful Program Management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Experience supporting medical resident programs preferred
Must be a self- starter and have ability to navigate complex organizations
Experience in the research publication process, familiarity with statistical analysis and technical writing is preferred.
Familiar with IRB and related applicable terminology.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate information and processes to a variety of audiences.
Proven attention to detail with critical thinking, problem solving and customer service skills.
Proficient in advanced computer skills, including Office 365 suite of products.
Strong organizational skills; demonstrated knowledge of organizational and administrative support processes.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: lbs.)
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.