Join the Creighton Family
Seeking experienced financial professionals looking to make a difference!
We are looking for experienced Accounting and Finance professionals to join the Creighton community. Bring your knowledge, skills, experience, and passion to Creighton University.
Creighton University founded in 1878 is located in Omaha Nebraska. We are a comprehensive Jesuit University that educates over 8,000 students. Our nine (9) colleges and schools offer over 140 programs including arts and sciences, business administration, law, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, dentistry, and graduate studies. Creighton employs over 2200 people making it one of the largest employers in the Omaha community.
Creighton is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for 2020 in the categories of Internships, Undergraduate Teaching, and Best Value School. The University was also recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the nation's best-value institutions in its 2019 "Best Value Colleges: 200 Schools with Exceptional ROI for Your Tuition Investment"
Our Finance professionals are critical to the university's success. The Senior Director of Finance for the Universities Undergraduate and Graduate areas will be responsible for a $77 million budget and a staff of up to 3 finance professionals. This role will be responsible for supporting and partnering with the Dean's and their leadership teams in short and long term strategic planning, key financial decisions, providing creative ideas and solutions for process improvements as well as leadership and oversite for budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and setting operational goals for our Undergraduate Colleges and Graduate School which includes the College of Arts & Sciences, the Heider College of Business, the College of Nursing and the Graduate and Adult Professional School.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate effective management of responsible areas using strategic planning, prioritization, effective communication / dissemination, timely analytical assessment of outcomes and continuous improvement processes.
- Develop and advise on long range financial and organizational planning. Provide strategic financial leadership and support on potential alliances and interdisciplinary bridging.
- Exhibit leadership, communication, and administrative oversight of the activities of the Finance areas resulting in a cohesive, effective and efficient team. Evaluation of the finance/administrative services structure and team plan for continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- In concert with the Deans and leadership groups, contribute to the development and articulation of finance and operation goals / objectives which assure the Colleges/School fulfill their missions and their strategy.
- Participate in development of proposals and programs along with implementation strategies that will position our graduates to demonstrate leadership in sustainable economic or operational models of mission-based education.
- Collaborate with other financial staff to identify opportunities to automate the finance process.
- Develop, implement, and communicate policies, guidelines and procedures that result in sound fiscal and operational management of the Colleges/School. Monitors the Colleges/Schools' financial performance; analyzes and prepares documentation and spreadsheets setting forth forecasts, projections, and adverse trends and provide appropriate recommendations needed to achieve accountability and growth benchmarks.
- Ability to work across levels, functions, and departments to support staff in obtaining needed information from internal and external customers who are not in your direct reporting structure and ensure their information is being accurately reported.
- Prepares financial results presentations for various levels of the organization ensuring information is consumable for the intended audience.
- Must align financial and administrative procedures with school objectives and establish systems to ensure compliance with University policy and guidelines.
- Provides ad hoc analysis as interest and issues arise. Assumes other responsibilities and performs such other duties as may be prescribed by the Deans and Provost office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master's degree and/or CPA preferred
- 8 + years of progressively responsible finance experience leading a complex organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful people management experience. Strong collaborative/teamwork mindset to lead, educate, mentor, motivate and inspire staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strategic, creative, big picture leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate detailed financial information to non-financial audiences.
- Ability to work with diverse customer personalities, backgrounds, and possibly conflicting goals and/or agendas.
- Understands and embodies Creighton vision and mission. Follows and understands the core values, employee standards of behavior and company policies and procedures
Seeing: 75 - 100%
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: 0-24% (pound: lbs.)
Exposure to Blood Borne pathogens: No
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
This description describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Regular, reliable attendance is an essential function and all employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. A complete description is available in the Human Resource office located at 3006 Webster Street Omaha, NE. Creighton University reserves the right to modify duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice.