The Assistant Director of Digital Fundraising is responsible for raising significant annual contributed revenue through new digital fundraising efforts, including Online giving tools, Crowdfunding and Creighton University Giving Day solicitation efforts. This position will develop annual giving strategies and implement plans to cultivate and solicit targeted constituencies including Alumni, Parents, Friends, Faculty, Staff and Students through new digital fundraising channels. The position will create a solid donor pipeline for donors acquired through digital fundraising channels. Funds raised support all nine schools and colleges as well as general University funds, and, as such requires managing giving activity and messages with Deans, VP's, marketing strategists, other department personnel, and Development Officers.Primary Duties:
- Giving Day: Develop plan and implement University wide annual giving day initiative which includes a development of a written master plan and calendar for all phases of annual giving day, goal recommendations, develop and implement the budget. Set-up and oversee the digital marketing platform; execute overall marketing and communications strategy for the giving day. Create and manage a Creighton Community ambassador program of faculty, staff and students in partnership with the Assistant Director of Student and Recent Alumni Giving to promote Creighton's day of giving. Host regular, on-going meetings for each ambassador group. Develop a tool-kit of materials for Ambassadors which includes expectations and benefits. Develop comprehensive list of programs and projects to consider in creating a successful giving day initiative. Partner with UCOM to develop comprehensive, multi-channel marketing and promotional materials to support giving day. Partner with Donor Relations team to provide post-event stewardship plan for donors.
- Crowdfunding: Research and implement crowdfunding programs and projects. Build relationships with campus partners to create and implement crowdfunding campaigns which highlight new giving options and attracts donors that may not give to traditional institutional programs. Create an application process and develop approval process for crowdfunding projects. Partner with GADS team to ensure that crowdfunding projects are established with the correct allocations for efficient processing. Partner with Donor Relations to develop creative crowdfunding stewardship which reflects the best practice.
- Create and successfully implement social media campaigns, Facebook and other social media advertising, targeting re-marketing, and other social media components which support all Creighton Fund annual giving appeals. Create and implement a social media 12-month calendar to cultivate different donor segments and support annual giving revenue growth.
- Partner with Online Analyst to oversee the Crowdfunding software tool (MobileCause) and be the department expert on usage, campaign set-up and processing. Partner with Technical trainer to develop written procedures and training materials for campus partners who will utilize the tool to support crowdfunding efforts. Manage external vendors or coordinate with in-house partners to ensure timelines and due dates are met for each digital funding raising effort.
- Conduct regular and year end assessments of all digital marketing efforts, day of giving and crowdfunding projects. Annual Fund, including analysis of the mass solicitation program performance, costs of program and strategies to improve rates of return and participation. Develop strategy based upon insight from analysis and assessment of market trends. Prepare and monitor reports on the progress of text, online and social media efforts of annual giving programs.
- Text-to-give: Develop and implement text-to-give campaigns in partnership with Athletics, ARO and other campus partners. Research and evaluate peer and aspirant university text-to-give appeals and monitor the performance of this channel.
Bachelor's degree required. 3-5 years of experience in digital fundraising, annual giving, development, fundraising or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate digital solicitation techniques.
Strong verbal communication skills to articulate the mission of the University and the fundraising goals of the campus and make persuasive oral presentations.
Strong written communication skills, particularly in social media and web-based communication.
Strong organization, attention to detail and ability to manage complex projects within deadlines.
Ability to establish priorities, exercise initiative, work proactively, and accept responsibility in completing work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient with online giving and development of giving forms.
Proficient with social media platforms (Hootsuite, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and use of applications for fundraising and marketing.
Proficient software skills in Microsoft Office products
Familiarity with fundraising database software such as Advance or Raisers Edge preferred.Required Certifications and/or Licenses: