|Centered in the heart of downtown Omaha, NE, Creighton's campus spans over 130 acres and employs over 2250 part-time and full-time benefit eligible employees making it one of the largest employers in the Omaha community. Creighton is a Catholic and Jesuit comprehensive university committed to excellence in selected undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.|
|This position reports to the Vice President for Administration. The Assistant Vice President for Facilities Management has responsibility for overseeing Creighton's urban campus grounds; facilities construction; planning and design; custodial and maintenance; real estate; and environmental health and safety. This role is charged with delivering progressive and cost effective services to students, faculty, staff, visitors, and University constituents. This leader collaborates with executive leadership to develop the strategic direction and plans for facilities that meet the needs of Creighton today and into the future.
1. Provide overall leadership and coordination to the University's Environmental Services, Planning and Design, Engineering and Building Maintenance, Energy Management, Sustainability, and Environmental Health and Safety functions, ensure optimal integration, synergy and cost efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems and procedures.
2. Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; develop expectations for performance and standards of excellence; oversee recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of the staff.
3. Facilitate campus master planning and strategies to meet the needs of all stakeholders while ensuring the master plan remains consistent with and responsive to the University's mission, goals, objectives and overall strategic plan.
4. Serve on various University Committees and Councils to participate/communicate in a shared governance structure such as Sustainability, Campus Planning, Incident Response, and ADA.
5. Collaborate with local city and county governments and municipalities on University planning and facility projects to ensure compliance, acceptance and coordination.
6. Prepare and present periodic updates to the Board of Trustees' Infrastructure Subcommittee.
7. Facilitate Design Review Committee meetings for all building and related projects and manage the selection of all design and construction management firms.
8. Provide ongoing organizational assessments and continuous improvement of Facilities Management's services, including the use of performance metrics.
9. Oversee University's utility budget and seek innovative and cost effective measures to reduce energy consumption.
Key Scope Factors
-140 campus acres in a downtown urban setting with over 60 campus buildings
-Stakeholder base of 8,200 students across nine Schools & Colleges
-Academic, research, clinical and sports/recreational facilities including on-campus residential housing
-$13.3 million operating budget
-$8-$10 million of annual deferred maintenance capital improvement projects
-Directly and indirectly lead 155+ staff members in the Facilities Management organization
Bachelor's degree required and at least ten years of demonstrated experience in a multi-faceted 24/7 facility, preferably in campus based setting. Ability to work effectively with a variety of University constituents in a service oriented environment to accomplish strategic and operational goals and objectives. Effective human relations and communication skills; demonstrated commitment to, and proven track record with workplace diversity and inclusion; and, a focus on environmental sustainability practices.
1. Ten years of progressively increasing facilities management leadership experience, with higher education or related experience preferred.
2. Advanced customer service leadership skills and the ability to effectively coordinate multiple institutional programs and initiatives dealing with a wide breadth of diverse constituents.
3. Strong planning and project leadership skills combined with polished communication abilities to interact with the Board of Trustees, local media, city/country/municipality leadership groups.
4. Bachelor degree required (master preferred) with emphasis in engineering, construction management, facility planning, business or related field.
5. A progressive fiscal oriented leader who is knowledgeable on best practices and emerging trends in campus based services and facilities.
6. Ability to combine strategy and tactical execution along with excellent diplomatic abilities.
7. An astute leader with continuous improvement knowledge and experiences.
8. Proven contributor to areas such as energy management initiatives, deferred maintenance assessments, sustainability practices, and campus master planning.
Please apply and view complete position details at: https://careers.creighton.edu
|Date Posted||July 10, 2017|
|Date Closes||July 10, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Function||Assistant Vice President|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, Varies, Based on Experience, Executive compensation|
|SOC Category||11-1021.00 General and Operations Managers|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories