Job Summary: Responsible for the maintenance of the Home Office property and appearance of grounds, as well as the upkeep and operation of the company's building operating systems and equipment. This includes performing and assisting supervisor with minor and major repair work and general preventative maintenance of the HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Ensure the safety and comfort of employees and tenants by proactive maintenance measures and needed repairs. Maintain company grounds, which include assisting in ice and snow removal from sidewalks and parking lots.
- Maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, and update building operating systems and equipment. This includes performing minor and major repair work and general preventative maintenance of the HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Perform building checks for HVAC problems, water leaks, climate control, etc. and alarm checks.
- Work with outside vendors on snow removal issues, sprinkler system repair, installation of new equipment, and plumbing projects.
- Responsible for the adjustment of heating and cooling equipment to maintain the proper comfort and control for employees and tenants.
- Initiate adjustments of sprinkler systems for proper watering of grounds during dry or wet seasons; repair sprinkler lines when needed or coordinate such repairs.
- Ensure employee safety by making walk-throughs of the grounds and parking lots (which include attending to needed repairs, ice and snow removal from parking lots, sidewalks, and maintain snow removal equipment in the winter).
- Ensure proper lighting in all areas by replacing bulbs and ballasts as needed, and update to energy-efficient lighting when possible.
- Utilize knowledge and skills to conserve energy for the organization and minimize expenses through appropriate building and grounds maintenance.
- Respond to facility work requests in the areas of safety, building operating systems and requests for service.
- Ensure proper level of clean towels, soap, paper products and other supplies for the wellness center. Launder executive towels and store, as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records.
- Set company clocks for the beginning and end of Daylight Savings Time; check and maintain the emergency lighting system.
- Responsible for upkeep of maintenance areas, such as electric rooms, boiler rooms, and equipment rooms.
- Conducts research and provide recommendations regarding resolution of issues and/or challenges; work with service users to assure recommendations are represented clearly.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- General experience and understanding of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems.
- Strong attention to detail and planning abilities to allow for prioritization of facilities requests and/or delegations from supervisor
- Mechanical inclination; ability to work with hand tools, testing equipment, and general maintenance tools. Must be able to work under pressure.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Obtain a 3rd grade engineering license after one year of employment if incumbent was not licensed at hiring.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and comfort of tenants and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: CSO’s overall business workdays are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the incumbent’s actual work hour schedule to be determined by their supervisor. Attendance is required with a physical presence of the employee at their designated workplace during their scheduled hours of work.
Work Environment: This job operates in a corporate office environment. Incumbent is expected to reasonably work through necessary stressors of the job and work reasonably well with others.
It is CSO’s practice to communicate pertinent information on job duties, company policies and benefit disclosures via its email system. Thus, employees are required to access their company email account as an integral part of their job responsibilities.
Physical Demands: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopies, filing cabinets.
The work performed requires continuous physical activity over 50% of the time. The job involves continuous lifting, pulling, and pushing of heavy materials. Job may require standing or walking nearly all of the time. The work may involve frequent strain due to strenuous work positions such as frequent stopping, crawling, and kneeling. Manual dexterity to complete strenuous physical tasks such as setting up displays, etc., is essential.
Travel: This position requires no travel.
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CSO is a drug free workplace and requires post offer drug testing. Generally, CSO does not hire individuals who utilize tobacco/nicotine products. For information on what defines use of tobacco/nicotine products, exceptions, and inquiries about the policy please contact Human Resources at (402) 399-3336, toll free at 800-826-6587, extension 3336 or visit CSO’s website at www.cso.com and click “Careers”. Those applicants in need of reasonable accommodations to the application, the hiring process or the position applied, should communicate the request to Human Resources.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of our post-offer drug screen and a background check which includes criminal, education, and past employment. Some positions may also include credit and/or motor vehicle report. Criminal convictions do not necessarily prevent employment. Various factors may be considered including, but not limited to, the type of conviction and its relationship to the job, the nature and seriousness of any offense and the length of time since conviction. Applicants are not obligated to disclose any sealed criminal record.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Participates in E-Verify
Central States Health & Life Co.