PART TIME 9A-9P, TWO DAYS A WEEK, M-F, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS AT THIS TIME
We are in search of an EMT-Internal who provides high quality, individualized, family centered care to pediatric patients ranging from prematurity through adolescence in the inpatient transport environment. Care and transport of the pediatric patient is supported through the use of the EMT scope of practice in accordance with the Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) standards and hospital policies and procedures. Varied schedules to include weekend and holiday patterns.
- Demonstrates responsiveness to the organizational functions of the transport process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital operations
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of internal transport equipment location, function and restocking procedures
- Maintains response times within targeted benchmarks set by the program
- Checks, cleans, and stocks transport bags and equipment. Ensures equipment is in good working order
- Maintains all transport equipment in a state of mission readiness by checking all equipment at the beginning of each shift, noting any discrepancies, and ensuring steps toward resolution
- Cleans equipment and restocks bags after internal transports
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly and ongoing equipment checklists
- Completes educational and professional development requirements
- Assists with patient care within scope of practice including:
- Obtaining vital signs and assisting with assessments and treatments as necessary
- Placing patient on transport monitors
- Moving and securing patient in transport cart/incubator
- Initiates action to prevent current or potential risk to a patient in an emergency situation
- Adheres to individualized patient/family plan of care to meet identified needs. (Plan of Care includes current and anticipated actions focused on stabilization, care, and transport needs).
- Demonstrates age-specific competency within the EMT scope of practice
- Assesses patient/family need for education and uses an individualized approach in delivery style
- Communicates changes to direct patient care providers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from on task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Completion of an EMT course required
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an EMT preferred.
- Current and Valid Nebraska state licensure as an EMT or Paramedic required
- Current and Valid National Registry EMT or Paramedic license preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, exceptions to this requirement are as follows:
- Incumbent holds another position within Childrens where PALS is required, PALS will be required in lieu of PEARS.
- Incumbent holds active PALS, PALS will be accepted in lieu of PEARS until it expires, at which time PEARS will be required prior to the expiration of PALS.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.