Schedule: Casual, as needed M-F 8:30-5pm, Saturday 8:30-12pm
Were searching for a Patient Access Specialist who's responsible for greeting and checking in families and other customers in a professional manner consistently exceeding customer service expectations. Monitor, maintain, and verify all required patient information with consistency and accuracy. Work with clinical team to ensure a team based approach to care. Ensure accurate and consistent point of service collections. Ensure a positive interaction in each patient and family encounter. May be expected to work in either the clinic location and/or in the Centralized Scheduling Center.
- Registers new patients with complete and accurate demographics according to procedure.
- Checks patients in and out. Verifies all patient/family demographic information and enters accurately in the computer at each visit. May need to electronically verify address.
- Provides, collects and accurately documents all required patient paperwork according to procedure.
- Schedules patients accurately using the automated appointment system following office protocols.
- Maintains the daily physician appointment templates at the direction and approval of the office manager and lead receptionist.
- Contacts patients/families with future appointments to confirm appointments and verify demographic and insurance information.
- Verifies patients insurance eligibility and benefits using established automated process at each visit.
- Initiates the Childrens Connect sign up process for all new or inactive patients at the beginning of each visit.
- Responds to Childrens Connect appointment messaging within defined timeframes.
- Pulls patients charts as needed, releases information as needed in accordance with organizational protocols.
- Scans documents into the electronic medical record as directed. Appends the document to the appropriate section of the record following organizational protocol.
- Collects co-pays and balances on past due accounts following organizational protocol.
- Posts payments collected directly into the computer. Completes end-of-day balancing and accurately prepares bank deposit.
- Answers patient/family questions about owed balances and/or refers to Primary Care Physician Billing as appropriate.
- Completes work queues daily to compile missing demographic and insurance information for billing purposes.
- Supports patient care quality initiatives as directed.
- Completes miscellaneous reports and letters as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail in a timely manner.
- Assembles patient packets as directed.
- Pulls and processes all fax transmittals as directed, scans patient reports as directed.
- Prepares and sends hospital charges as directed.
- Performs opening and closing duties as assigned by the office manager or designee.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees as requested.
- Facilitates handling of pharmaceutical representatives and vendors in accordance with office policy.
- Monitors hourly and maintains clean, organized clutter-free lobby and clean patient restrooms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft operating environment
- Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations
- Ability to operate basic office equipment: personal computer, automated telephone systems, scanning technology, e-signature, 10 key adding machine, copier, shredder and facsimile
- Knowledge of billing and insurance programs
- Knowledge of patient appointment scheduling systems in a medical office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year customer service experience preferred.
- One year experience working in a health care or insurance setting preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association preferred within 6 months of hire date
- Based on departmental need bilingual may be required
- Based on position medical interpretation certificate may be required
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) required for some personnel.
- Travel to other Children's Physician clinics, may be required based on staffing needs.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.