Schedule: Monday-Friday Full or part-time, 10-hour shifts plus on call
Hiring Bonus: $5,000 for 30-40 hours per week / $2,500 for 20 - 29 hours per week
Were searching for a Radiologic Technologist Hybrid to assist in the performance of all invasive cardiac catheterization imaging, electrophysiology, and interventional Radiology procedures. The technologist is experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of pediatric interventional radiology and invasive cardiology procedures. This position supports duties which reflect the ability to perform additional technical duties associated directly with the patient procedure and the processing of the resulting data.
- Functions as a scrub assistant and/or technologist working with the operating physician during the procedure.
- Ensures proper sterile table set-up, drape patient, assists physician with catheter, wire or other device exchanges within the vascular system, catheter and sheath removal at the end of procedure and hemostasis.
- Maintains cleanliness of area, equipment and supplies.
- Cleans equipment for re-sterilization.
- Maintains radiation awareness and safety protocols during interventional procedures
- Follows up with patients and providers when high levels of radiation are used during a procedure
- Completes image post processing and reconstruction
- Performs circulating assistant duties during the procedure at times when not functioning as scrub assistant.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of interventional procedures, anatomy, pathology, and structural heart disease and can provide substantive input during the procedures including knowledge of catheters and supplies used during procedures.
- Ensures inventory levels are sufficient to perform daily procedures.
- Operates and ensures the continued maintenance of the angiographic equipment and Interventional equipment by utilizing expertise in radiological technology and special procedures.
- Maintains quality control records relating to radiologic equipment and other equipment as required.
- Maintains radiologic equipment service records.
- Assists in training staff to operate radiologic equipment and related ancillary systems
- Calibrates and operates the instrumentation used to measure intra-cardiac pressures, oxygen saturation, and activated clotting time for Cardiac procedures.
- Calibrates and operates ancillary equipment used during interventional procedures
- Properly documents physiologic data, ACT, oxyhemoglobin results and procedural information on the appropriate catheterization records.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating standards of care and departmental policy and procedures.
- Assist support personal and manager in coordinating weekly catheterization conference. Assists in maintenance of departmental performance improvement data sheet.
- Assists in coordinating room workload based on providers and procedures
- Evaluates and accesses interventional procedural orders and patient history to ensure that the correct procedure is ordered
- Administers appropriate emergency care as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience in computers desirable.
- Must be able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, without loss of efficiency or composure, and be able to perform under stressful conditions when confronted with multiple requests, demonstrating prioritizing skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or school in Radiologic Technology required, Bachelor of Science degree in health science field or radiology preferred.
- Minimum one years experience in a Cardiac Catheterization or Interventional Radiology Lab required
- Minimum one year experience with pediatric catheterization and/or patients with structural heart disease preferred.
- ARRT registration required
- Current and valid Nebraska Radiology Technologist license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required within 4 months..
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within 6 months.
- Certification in Cardiac-Interventional (CI), Vascular Intervention (VI) or RCIS is preferred.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.