Every other weekend, one day a week, holiday rotation
Were searching for a Pharmacy Intern performs duties under the direct supervision of a staff pharmacist and/or Pharmacy Administrative Team and within the scope of practice as defined by the State of Nebraska. Duties may include: accurate and timely medication purchasing, preparation, labeling and delivery; maintenance of appropriate and accurate stock supplies and medication inventory levels in designated areas, assistance in administrative support and contributes to maintaining a cooperative work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for accurately preparing, labeling, delivering medications in a timely manner.
- Aseptically prepares and labels sterile product medication in a consistent, accurate and timely manner including TPN solutions, ready-to-administer products, and large volume parenterals. Follows pharmaceutical production standards of practice as developed by the department and consistent with national standards.
- Addresses customer service issues in a timely manner, including answering phones, directing calls, greeting visitors, and responding to questions in the Pharmacy.
- Proficient utilization of automated dispensing machines, including loading, refills, outdating, report generation, inventory and basic maintenance
- Responsible for maintaining established stock levels of medications within the pharmacy as well as other patient care areas.
- Updates charges/credits of returned medications when appropriate. Processes patient charges/credits on a daily basis and generates manual charges/credits when necessary.
- Appropriately manages technology in the day-to-day delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- BAXA compounder setup and trouble shooting
- Basic pyxis function
- Electronic variance reporting system
- MILT medication labeling system
- Retrieval of Policy and Procedures from the Intranet
- Electronic drug information resources
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Enrolled in an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with good academic standing required.
- Current and valid Pharmacy Intern or Technician licensure with the State of Nebraska Board of Pharmacy required.
- Pharmacy Technicians must be certified by a Nebraska approved state or national program (CPhT) within one calendar year of registration.
- If a Pharmacy Intern license is not obtained at the time of hire its required upon the first day of Pharmacy school or within 6 months of date into position.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of security check in compliance with requirements set by the State of Nebraska required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.