Children's is growing quickly and hiring a Director, Childrens Specialty Physician Administration to oversee and provide strategic leadership to Nebraska Pediatric Practice, Inc. (NPP) dba Childrens Specialty Physicians Inc. (CSP) to accomplish organizational strategic goals and objectives with a focus on practice and program operations, physician compensation, practice development while balancing both the clinical and academic mission.
Prioritizes, proposes and leads operational projects/system changes based on careful analysis of current processes. Synthesizes all available information to make informed decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Collaborates with CSP President to oversee the development and successful implementation of strategic and operational plans in support of the strategic goals of the corporate members and the Institutional Affiliation. Monitors those operational goals ensuring clear authority and accountability at all levels. Develops a scorecard to share with physician leadership.
- Collaborates with physician recruitment team and develops retention initiatives within the framework of a physician manpower plan and facilitates positive physician relations to promote physician engagement.
- Works collaboratively with Childrens Hospital & Medical Center ambulatory administration to ensure efficient and effective clinic operations. Ensures alignment of ambulatory goals and practice plan goals.
- Analyzes trends in market demand and clinical practices to include trends in hospital utilization, community needs, payor demands, physician referral patterns, market share and competitor analysis. Evaluates against strategic plan and shares with CSP Board and leadership.
- Works collaboratively with support function leadership (Human Resources, IT, Finance, Compliance, etc.) to meet NPP/CSP operational needs and achieve stated objectives including operational best practices and appropriate staffing levels.
- Manages to the annual budgets showing the expected revenue and expenditures required to fulfill strategic goals and objectives within the framework of the NPP/CSP and Childrens Hospital & Medical Center strategic financial plan. Budgets are prepared in collaboration with the corporate finance team.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains a competitive compensation program, policies and practices utilizing industry best practices. Manages the program consistent with all laws and regulations. Maintains physician employment contracts and leases with support from legal.
- Works collaboratively with the Boards, PACE, and designated committees to ensure professional services, financial modeling, and overall growth of NPP/CSP supports strategic business objectives providing periodic and special reports as needed.
- Adheres to the terms of the Institutional Affiliation Agreement. Acts as an expert on IAA matters with special emphasis on funds flow between NPP and the University.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven successful leadership skills.
- Ability to build consensus, rally support around common goals and to motivate groups and individuals.
- Ability to overcome obstacles to cooperation and to motivate groups and individuals.
- Easily balances competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to rapidly process and comprehend large amounts of information, consider the implications and consequences of new facts, and makes decisions.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be articulate, concise, compelling and diplomatic.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally, in writing and formal presentations, with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare or business administration required.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare administration or business preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years directly related healthcare administrative experience including two (2) years in a leadership capacity required, physician practice management experience preferred.
- A valid drivers license and an acceptable motor vehicle record/driving record.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.