Schedule: Monday- Friday 8AM-4:30PM, NO HOLIDAYS/WEEKENDS
Were searching for a Clinic RN to join our Gynecology department who will prescribe, delegate and coordinate professional nursing care to pediatric patients through the use of nursing process and in accordance with hospital policy/procedure and Clinical practice guidelines.
- Conducts holistic age-specific patient/family assessments upon visit according to defined standards. Ongoing patient/family assessments/reassessments are completed according to the appropriate CPG or protocols and unit standard of care.
- Collects and documents data related to patients physical, mental, developmental, emotional and social condition
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in assessment of patients by the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patients needs, knowledge of growth and development, and understanding the range of treatment needed by these patients
- Assesses family expectations for, and involvement in the assessment and continuous care or treatment of the patient. Able to meet families expectations during their visit to the clinic.
- Communicates plan of care to the patient/family so they can understand
- Able to identify/assess the need for MD involvement or a potential change in plan of care
- Ongoing patient/family assessments are completed according to the appropriate CPG, protocol and unit standard of care
- Documentation and evaluation of nursing actions
- Chart audits conducted meets JCAHO and organizational expectations. Must meet overall goal of 95% (FER, Clinic problem list, signatures, pain assessment etc)
- Facilitates timely communication to/from patient/family and other healthcare disciplines; answers patient care related questions, requests etc. Phone calls are returned in the same business day received
- Reviews patient charts as assigned to facilitate coordination of care by assuring completion of tests, consultations and procedures, interdisciplinary follow-up and referrals as needed for the clinic visit.
- Follows up on tests, lab results, thoroughly and within established time frames. Lab tests are followed up on within 48 hours after test results obtained.
- Considers cultural, cognitive, emotional, and social influences on the patient/families ability and readiness to learn. All teaching is documented on the FER to include understanding of topics taught
- Provider Support
- Gathers patient information in a timely, concise, thorough manner and conveys this to the provider.
- Assists provider in clinic to maintain a good workflow and meet expectations of customers in relation to being on time.
- Demonstrates effective delegation techniques.
- Assists provider in clinic procedures, including but not limited to IUD placement.
- Performs special tasks, procedures within the scope of practice for an RN that is unique to Ambulatory Care clinics i.e. (database entry, scheduling of special procedures, as well as assisting in special procedures, inpatient role, case management, and education/teaching).
- Completes with expertise, timely, organized and with detail.
- Communicates effectively through written documentation or verbally to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinates patient care to ensure continuity of care.
- Provides patient education on contraceptive options and safe sex practices in alignment with provider recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelors degree from an accredited school of nursing required
- Minimum 1 year of RN experience required
- Experience with pediatric patients preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred
- Current valid Nebraska RN license/RN compact license required
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required
- Other certifications/education as defined by area specific job competencies
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.