Schedule: Casual, Various Hours as Needed, M-F 7:30am-7:00pm
Were searching for a Rehab Support Specialist to support the provision of care for PT,OT, Speech & Audiology services by maintaining/supporting a safe environment through infection prevention practices & organization of department. Functions as frontline communicators with patients, caregivers, community, and team. Maintains supply inventory and managing work requests. Assists with direct patient care. Facilitates access to care through arrival, scheduling, & managing orders/Medicaid Re-certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Assists with establishing and maintaining infection control standards and organization of clinical, storage and office space.
- Completes and documents patient and visitor wellness screens and utilizes information to direct safe provision of care according to department and hospital policy & procedures.
- Cleans toys, equipment, therapy supplies according to department & hospital policy and procedure.
- Cleans and organizes clinical, storage and office spaces.
- Assures that all car seats used in the loaner program are cleaned, processed, and deemed safe for use according to department policy and procedure. (HOSPITAL LOCATION ONLY)
- Serves as a frontline team member for communication.
- Answers phones in a timely, customer friendly manner.
- Communicates messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Welcomes and directs patients following department procedures assuring patients have been properly arrived for appointments.
- Completes filing, faxing and photo copying.
- Assists patients/families in completion of patient experience surveys.
- Creates and distributes new patient packets to therapist.
- Assists with charge reconciliation process.
- Processes in-coming and out-going mail according to organization procedures.
- Completes reminder calls for identified procedures.
- Orients, coordinates, and oversees volunteers and Project Search program interns within rehab. (HOSPITAL LOCATION ONLY)
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels of patient and office supplies.
- Inventories, orders and restocks office supplies and standard patient care supplies.
- Maintains appropriate levels of personal protective equipment in patient care areas (masks, gowns, gloves, Band-aids, Kleenex, hand sanitizer, CPR masks, etc.).
- Monitors and assures that Emergency Boxes are intact and readily available in the event of an emergency.
- Monitors and assures all supplies are used within expiration date or removed from area.
- Receives, documents, and notifies provider of delivery of special or custom patient specific supplies.
- Aids providers in the provision of high quality patient care.
- Follows therapist direction when assisting with treatment sessions.
- Transfers and transports patients in a safe manner and per therapist instruction.
- Completes splint/equipment fabrication/modifications per therapist instruction and within specified time.
- Assists therapists in scoring standardized tests.
- Assists as a play partner for Audiology providers. (HOSPITAL LOCATION ONLY)
- Creates communication boards, social stories, reward charts, patient specific treatment materials.
- Assists patients, families, and team with access to care.
- Schedules patients following proper processes/procedures.
- Follows identified processes for assuring receipt of therapy Medicaid Re-certifications.
- Assists team with Letter of Medical Necessity and therapy order management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, perform simple mathematical calculations
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and take direction from many different individuals
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good time management skills
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical setting and working with children experience preferred
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.