$1,000 Hiring Bonus (External Candidates Only)
Schedule: 9:30am-6pm; With Varied On Call
Children's is searching for a Sr. Patient Access Specialist who will assist with scheduling and staff coverage across dept., providing support to all Access areas during periods of high volume, supporting systems updates in coordination with Revenue Cycle Systems team, is back-up trainer, and performs QA in coordination with Patient Access supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Under the general direction of a Patient Access Supervisor or Manager, the Senior Patient Access Specialist is responsible for providing daily staff oversight, on-site training, feedback and acting as a staff resource.
- Assumes primary responsibility for scheduling and coverage of Patient Access Specialists across all Access points.
- Escalates staffing, coverage and related issues to Supervisor or Manager.
- Supports Access Specialists by filling in at periods of high volume, short staffing, and as needed to answer questions & resolve system problems, Shares pager and /or on-call responsibilities 24/7.
- Acts as a liaison for patient access team members in the absence of patient access leadership.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and systems super user for patient access computer systems and applications.
- Assist patient access staff in successfully implementing changes.
- Demonstrates the ability and responsibility to handle any job responsibility of the Patient Access Specialist.
- Conducts new hire employee training under the direction of a supervisor or manager.
- Oversees ordering supplies per departmental needs.
- Monitors and works assigned patient, claim and account work queues daily. Communicates in a timely manner if unable to complete work queues prior to end of their shift.
- Monitors Access Lead emails and addresses them within 24 hours with the exception of all emails from case management as they need to be answered immediately due to pending authorizations.
- Attends and participates in workgroups, committees, special projects and other meetings as required.
- Responds positively to change and demonstrates the ability to be flexible in the work environment.
- Adjusts well to change in job functions, volumes and work hours.
- Takes the initiative to learn new skills, willing to participate and share expertise.
- Excellent oral /written communication, interpersonal, collaborative, analytical and organizational skills.
- Function with minimal supervision with high level of productivity.
- Ensures a high level of customer service by greeting, being a resource to patients and visitors.
- Develop effective relationships with colleagues, physicians, providers, leaders and other employees across the organization.
- Demonstrates genuine interest in helping our patients, providers and other employees by using excellent communication skills, being polite, friendly, patient and calm under pressure.
- Maintains appropriate level of productivity and accuracy for work performed based on departmental standards.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and standard work within the department in order to successfully perform duties on a day to day basis.
- Ability to facilitate group trainings
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate computer/systems knowledge/skills
- Ability to problem solve, calm/de-escalate under stress
- Ability to assess needs and re-prioritize work quickly
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- Associate degree or equivalent education from an accredited college or university in business, human development, or healthcare related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of healthcare registration, insurance billing, or collection experience preferred
- Minimum one year training/trainer and/or supervision experience preferred.
- Minimum one year staffing/staff scheduling experience preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.