$1,500 Hiring Bonus (External Candidates only)
We are currently searching for a Supervisor for Patient Access to serve as the practice leader/advocate for coordinating assigned Access functions in order to accomplish organizational and departmental strategic goals and objectives. The supervisor has accountability for Access areas such as registration, admissions, scheduling, emergency services, referrals, pre-certification, patient care, financial counseling, accounts receivable and general office administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Implements operational standards, organizes department/organizational-level activities to achieve optimum service delivery/systems/care/processes, setting high performance objectives for the department. Holds self and others accountable to meet stated objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Continuously analyzes all areas of the department for improvement and troubleshoots situations as they occur. Areas of process improvement include, but not limited to, patient flow, registration, pre-registration, admission, appointment scheduling, facilities, appointments, policies, training, financial counseling, referrals, pre-certification, point of service collections, emergency medical services.
- Develops and implements goals, objectives, plans, policies, and procedures to achieve desired department outcomes as established in conjunction with the Access Center Manager
- Implement, Monitor, and Enforce accountability and productivity measures for registration accuracy and point of service collections
- Identifies, obtains, and appropriately utilizes resources necessary to meet the identified goals including recommending budget amounts for operating expenses and capital purchases.
- Develops error tracking system from data received from Registration System, Pt. Accounts, and Returned Mail for correction and for use in Annual Evaluation. Provides monthly feedback to individual employees or as needed for mentoring.
- Works closely with CH/ SPC/CP Managers on registration errors as identified through Access QA process
- Collects and publishes staffing schedules. Analyzes department scheduling for improvement of patient services and hospital productivity. Works with the Access Manager and staff to ensure patient/family satisfaction and quality of care.
- Performs in a leadership role to promote smooth and efficient operational flow of the department, and supervises department staff
- Supports Access staff to promote quality patient care
- Monitors variance reporting system and responds timely to customer, provider, and employee issues while initiating service recovery
- Acts as a resource and mentor to all department staff for computer utilization, equipment/supply troubleshooting, clinical and education issues, and for age specific interventions
- Monitors daily scheduled patient volumes to determine staffing needs
- Performs regular rounding in Patient Access areas to ensure staffing needs are met and to offer assistance or back up staffing when necessary
- Role modeling strong, positive customer relations by being a patient advocate and communicating with families as appropriate.
- Demonstrates effective communication with staff, physicians, patients, patients families, peers, other hospital departments, and outside agencies
- Exhibits good problem solving abilities
- Is knowledgeable of the skills necessary to function in the various staff roles.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the department in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Takes on call 24/7 to ensure the departmental leads have support at all times
- Monitors all Patient, Claim and Account work queues
- Acts as Coordinator for all services provided by the department. Assures that the needs of the customer are met from initial admission through discharge.
- Develops a collaborative working relationship with IT, Ambulatory Care, Childrens Physicians, Specialty Billing, & Patient Accounts to receive timely updates/upgrades and changes to the Epic registration system
- Performs a variety of supervisory functions
- Personnel Management
- Prioritizes and coordinates daily work activities. Provides leadership and guidance by sharing expertise with others. Approves schedules and monitors time worked.
- Trains and/or oversees the training of employees on job related tasks
- Conducts employee performance management duties including completion and delivery of performance evaluations, setting goals, dissemination of information, coaching, addressing performance issues/routine correction actions, and recommending termination of employment
- Submits notifications for personnel actions (e.g., status changes, terminations)
- May participate in selection, hiring, and salary recommendations
- Operational/Financial Management
- Ensures cost effective use of resources by identifying and implementing changes related to staff allocation and assignment, and patient/department supplies
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices, policies and recordkeeping standards
- May assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures
- May participate in the implementation of business plans for the area
- May assist with annual budget by tracking expenses and providing input for future budget needs
- Monitors various systems and administrative reports daily/weekly/monthly as assigned to ensure patient safety, variance reporting, and registration errors are identified and corrected in limited amount of time.
- Ensure updates of patient information forwarded from the Patient Accounts is completed in a timely manner
- Maintains the Epic systems Employer File
- Holds monthly quality assurance discussions with registration staff
- Monitors point of service collection measures per individual and as a department are meeting or exceeding goals as determined by department Manager/Director/CFO
- Maintains merging of duplicate guarantors
- Works with Education in determining a method for continued education of registration, financial services
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance Analyst and Trainer to create and maintain training materials/manuals and curricular.
- Enters change of address as received from Early Out and CBO as required to maintain Childrens postal rate.
- Orders supplies as needed for department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Managerial/leadership skills including communication, organizational skills, time management, motivation and problem solving.
- Computer knowledge/ skillsAbility to lead a group
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare Administration or Business management required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience required, including 6 months of healthcare registration, insurance billing or collection experience
- Minimum one year training experience preferred
- Minimum two years of Hospital or medical office registration or pre-authorization experience preferred
- Minimum two years of insurance experience preferred
- Certification in Basic Life Support preferred
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.