Two days per week 9am-5pm
Were searching for a Lactation Consultant to promote and provide lactation resources and support for patients, families, and healthcare providers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Coordinates comprehensive lactation services in collaboration with families/ healthcare team for the successful initiation and maintenance of lactation in low and high risk infants and other infants as needed.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates lactation practices using clinical practice guidelines from the International Board of Lactation Consultants Examiners (IBCLE).
- Provides mothers with lactation teaching/instructional materials to infant positioning during feeding, handling of breast milk, mothers diet, breast pump usage, etc.
- Establishes and maintains on-going communication with the mother, targeting those with breastfeeding problems.
- Collaborates with the parents to facilitate ongoing lactation plans after initial consultation.
- Follows up with breast feeding mothers after initial consultation to problem solve as needed.
- Provides leadership in the promotion of lactation management with an emphasis on support of mothers choice in feeding and the medical needs of the infant.
- Provides lactation education opportunities, materials, and in-services for staff, understanding the need to use adult learning theory.
- Collaborates with management and staff to ensure that the culture of Childrens Physicians Clinics supports lactation.
- Collaborates with MDs and RNs, in communication and decision-making of the lactation plan of care, documenting the plan appropriately.
- Ensures that Childrens Physicians lactation care practices are consistent with current lactation research and are integrated into Childrens Physicians policies/procedures.
- Ensures documentation is complete and supports accurate levels of coding / billing. Also ensures documentation is done on timely basis with chart closure to allow for charging.
- Independently researches and gathers information as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization.
- Excellent clinical skills providing direct lactation nursing care in an office setting.
- Warm, enthusiastic, and caring personality.
- Must possess leadership, critical thinking, and adult learning skills.
- Strong communication/interaction skills needed to be respected as a teacher, role model by staff, families, and other disciplines.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Minimum 2 years Pediatric Nursing experience required.
- Current and Valid Nebraska RN license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Certification required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.