FT, Mon - Fri, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Were searching for a HIM Documentation Imaging Clerk to manage indexing and scanning of paper based documentation into the EMR system. The HIM Specialist Level One performs all assigned daily activities, including verifying information is accurate, determining when additional data is needed, and collecting necessary details to ensure documentation is complete. .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Picks up records of newly discharged patients. Ensures that all discharged records are received from the units for document imaging.
- Preps or assembles chart documents into standard chart order, verifying all documents belong to the same patient.
- Prepares medical record documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures.
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data.
- Utilizes facility guidelines to prep/assemble/scan and validate all documents are properly scanned in the document imaging system.
- Performs simple machine cleaning. Responsible for document imaging equipment maintenance. Contact HIM Director or direct supervisor immediately with any issues with scanning equipment.
- Performs general clerical functions.
- Maintain strict and physician and patient confidentiality.
- Assists the HIM Department and various work units during times of staff shortage or high volumes.
- Comply with all standards of quality and quantity. Maintain a quality standard of higher than 98%.
- Follow all federal, state, industry and hospital guidelines for release of information.
- Follow all Hospital Compliance and HIPAA requirements.
- Generate help desk tickets when appropriate.
- Responsible for cross training peers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently of direct supervision to carry out responsibilities
- Knowledge of hospital medical records management standards and principles
- Intermediate computer skills including the use of spreadsheet programs and word processing programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail and ability to organize, interpret, and present data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as this position may deal directly with the public frequently
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with healthcare records or a hospital HIM department preferred
- Associates degree in HIM preferred.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.