M-F 8 -5
Were searching for a Manager, Childrens Physicians Clinic who will provide leadership and direction in managing all day- to-day operations of Childrens Physicians office location(s). Maintains positive working relationships and open communication within offices and throughout the organization; coordinate services and provides leadership for assigned offices. Serve as a liaison between physicians, office staff, Childrens Physicians administration, Childrens Hospital & Medical Center support services and external vendors and agencies. Ensure the provision of high quality, age appropriate patient care, and continuously looks for opportunities for improvement. Promote the growth, development and morale of department staff. .
- Coordinates activities and functions of the offices to ensure effective, efficient and high quality office operations. Sets performance objectives for each office and holds self and others accountable for meeting set objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments and adherence to standards.
- Promotes and maintains positive, professional relationships with customers, physicians, office staff, management team and administration.
- Provides input into development of and maintains an effective expense and salary budget, including capital expenditures.
- Monitors and justifies variances from budget on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates management of accounts receivable with physician billing services to keep days in accounts receivables within target days and maintains a targeted aging percentage. Responsible for oversight of past due account collection.
- Responsible for interviewing/selection, orientation, training, performance evaluations, recognition, corrective action/progressive discipline, salary recommendations and terminations of staff in positions managed. Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the office and the Childrens Physician organization in order to provide excellent customer service and to identify and implement best practices.
- Effectively and efficiently handles and resolves parent concerns and feedback as situations arise.
- Effectively and efficiently handles all human resource management issues as they occur.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels for the provision of efficient yet cost effective patient care.
- Assists physicians with necessary processes to maintain a seamless practice (credentialing paperwork, hospital dues, etc)
- Maintains office schedule to accommodate physician vacation requests and arranges for alternate coverage if available.
- Collaborates with medical director, chief administrative officer, physicians and clinical staff to deliver the highest caliber of patient care and promote a team based approach to all care.
- Promotes a positive work environment that encourages the growth, development and engagement of all staff. Serves as a mentor and a coach.
- Maintains employee files to include new hire and orientation files, personnel and performance files.
- Completes assigned projects in a timely and high quality manner, e.g. performance evaluations, productivity statistics and budget variance reports.
- Interprets CP goals, objectives and policies for staff to support the mission and vision of Childrens Physicians.
- Monitors patient volumes, actively looks for opportunities to increase newborns and maximize patient volumes.
- Monitors clinical operations using EPIC based reports, and adjusts operations accordingly to meet goals.
- Monitors quality metrics using EPIC based reports, and adjusts operations accordingly to meet goals.
- Monitors patient satisfaction data using reports, and adjusts operations accordingly to meet goals.
- Consistently utilizes critical thinking skills to synthesize available information to make informed decisions. Fosters creativity, innovation, and divergent thinking in self and others. Manages complex situations using appropriate sources of information and advice. Prioritizes, proposes and leads operational projects and system changes as directed.
- Participates in and leads focus teams and organizational initiatives as directed.
- Maintains a safe work environment that prevents and/or reduces risks to the organization, patients, and staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven demonstration of critical thinking skills
- Proven demonstration of appropriate sense of urgency and effective prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Proven demonstration of effective leadership characteristics, both leading and motivating people as well as the capacity to effectively take direction.
- Capacity to effectively handle human resource management issues as they occur.
- Proven demonstration of personal accountability and the ability to work independently to effectively and efficiently perform assigned duties.
- Budget management and basic financial analysis experience.
- Knowledge of billing/collections and coding preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management, Nursing or Healthcare required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a progressive leadership role in personnel management, healthcare, nursing or relate field required.
- Previous office management experience in a physician office preferred.
- If the incumbent is part of the Emergency Council a current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, exceptions to this requirement are as follows:
- Incumbent holds another position within Childrens where PALS is required, PALS will be required in lieu of PEARS.
- Incumbent holds active PALS, PALS will be accepted in lieu of PEARS until it expires, at which time PEARS will be required prior to the expiration of PALS.
- Basic Life Support Certification preferred.
- A valid drivers license and an acceptable motor vehicle record/driving record required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.