Were searching for a Radiology Support Specialist I to register radiology procedures and act as a liaison between the patient, referring provider and the Radiologist to coordinate continuum of care. Procure all essential registration information necessary to register outpatients entering it thoroughly and accurately into HIS/RIS. Ensure all registration and imaging medical screening forms are complete, accurate, and signed. Schedule and transcribe radiology orders into RIS. Explain the financial responsibilities to the guarantor and collects co- insurance and/or deductibles as necessary. Provide backup registration for WVP, VV and Ortho clinics. Establish excellent and effective rapport with physicians, physician office staff, patients, and family members. Facilitate quality patient care and assists in the non-technical aspects of the exam to include safe patient transportation, patient and room preparation, directly assisting technologist with exam, effective patient and family communication, image processing and all aspects of file room duties. The incumbent renders appropriate care specific to the age of the patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment, as outlined in the "Age Specific Criteria". Perform all tasks related to creating and maintaining patient records in the radiology file room adhering to hospital and department policies concerning confidentiality and release of information.
- Registers outpatients into HIS/RIS following protocols that include the following:
- Obtains complete demographic and insurance information (identifying all payment sources), and pre-admission certification requirements so as to prevent payment denials and/or reduction of benefits and enters this data into the HIS/RIS. This includes:
- Calls the referring provider/ insurance company to initiate pre-certification when necessary for same day procedures.
- Verifies insurance eligibility through carrier website or call center.
- Secures responsibility of payment by obtaining signature on assignment of medical benefits/guarantee of payment form.
- Collects co-insurance, and/or deductibles as necessary.
- Ascertains who is able to sign the Consent for Treatment form to prevent legal complications. Refers to Social Work department if legal guardianship is questioned.
- Obtains appropriate authorization for medical treatment from parents or legal guardians.
- Enter radiology orders in RIS as specified by referring physician.
- Activates patient in HIS/RIS to initiate medical chart and business office records. Creates I.D. badges and labels.
- Verifies information previously obtained for accuracy and completeness, and activates patient in computer to initiate medical chart and business office records.
- Pre-registers patients for accurate demographics and insurance information.
- Completes reminder phone calls and prep instructions for all modalities.
- Communicates financial responsibility based on response from insurance for payment on day of visit.
- Screens patient and family members for communicable diseases.
- Screens patient for imaging specific criteria; example: MRI screening forms to ensure safety precautions are followed.
- Ensures that all paperwork is properly collated and distributed to the appropriate areas of the department and hospital in a timely manner.
- Projects a patient-friendly demeanor, always cheerful and caring in response to patients, guests, and fellow workers.
- Manages work-queue for missing registration information daily to ensure timeliness of claims.
- Manages all aspects of our film room and Image Share workflows and provides Care Assistance to our technologists and Physicians:
- Process image sharing requests thru various cloud systems to send or receive imaging and reports in an expedited process.
- Manage new workflows for our Radiologists to accommodate reads from Methodist and PPX.
- Obtains signed authorization for Release of Information forms to process request for CDs, reports and image sharing.
- Manage Imaging pushed to PACS via VPN and monitor QA worklist.
- Enter correct orders into Epic and merge appropriately in PACS.
- Manage Over read requests, upload trauma images and obtain reports in a timely manner.
- Process requests for images on CDs and print correlating reports.
- Facilitate requests for any imaging needing to be anonymized for research purposes.
- Fulfill all subpoena requests for imaging and reports in accordance with our policies.
- Reconcile technical charges by cross referencing radiology requisitions with a report generated on a daily basis.
- Provides care assistance to patients in our ED and on the inpatient floors to ensure they are prepped and ready for their radiologic exams while ensuring appropriate transfer is noted and followed in accordance with department procedures and initial patient assessment that includes the following:
- Verifying patient identification.
- Adhering to isolation restrictions.
- Properly preparing patients for examination.
- Accurately completes the I-shaped forms with patient nurse to effectively communicate important information prior to transporting to department.
- Provides holding assistance for patient exams, room preparation and clean-up. Assists the radiologist and/or technologist throughout the examination process in a non-technical capacity.
- Schedules walk in and same day add on radiology procedures by soliciting the appropriate information from the physician, office staff member, parent and/or guardian and enters it accurately into the computer (HIS/RIS).
- Coordinates call reports by relaying accurate medical results to ordering physicians as directed by the Radiologist or by coordinating the communication between the ordering physician and Radiologist; and transfer of physician to parent or guardian. Oversees admission process for patients needing to be admitted from radiology.
- Makes telephone calls to the patients residence prior to date of examination to ensure the patient preparation instructions and time of arrival are understood.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Competent computer skills are required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with physicians, families and other health care workers.
- Must be self-organized to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without showing signs of stress.
- Positive, cheerful demeanor is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Previous medical reception experience preferred.
- Previous public relations experience is preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.