Children's is searching for an Inventory Control Clerk to be responsible for inventory control, disbursement and stocking of nourishment supplies for assigned department/areas. Inventory Technician is responsible for requesting items to be ordered to maintain adequate supply. Maintains records and dynamically adjusts par values as appropriate. This role performs a variety of reporting duties to ensure appropriate supply utilization. The Inventory Control Clerk works dynamically with project improvement to improve department supply performance, ensures accuracy of all patient supply areas. Duties are not limited to the storeroom, but extend to all areas of the hospital. Responsible for pulling products for areas as assigned. Inventory technician assures that supply areas are organized, maintained, and par levels are optimized to support department demands. Inventory control clerk to assist with daily functions as needed in the kitchen/cafeteria.
- Requests orders and maintains food supply inventory for the provision of the assigned department/area for Childrens Hospital & Medical Center
- Adjusts quantities based on minimums or usage requirements per patient volume
- Effectively communicates with assigned department/area to ensure all food supply needs are met.
- Allocates appropriate space and organizes storage of supplies
- Determines par levels for each designated location
- Receives and distributes food and supplies to designated locations throughout the hospital.
- Verifies all stock items issued to requisitioning departments are accurate. All adjustments are completed on a timely basis, (i.e. ASAP), to maintain an accurate inventory with an annual variance of no more than 0.5%
- Reviews inventory levels to determine appropriateness of inventory items, item attributes, (reorder points/reorder quantities), in order to maintain high service levels and minimize stock outs.
- Distributes supplies on demand and in short notice when necessary
- Works collaboratively with diet office/formula lab to support floor stock formula levels
- Collaboratively ensures adequate formula supply is maintained in fourth floor storeroom as instructed by diet office/formula lab staff
- Distributes formula to patient floors and organizes stock accordingly
- Responsible for maintaining inventory for product with limited shelf life and ensures proper rotation of all supply items to result in minimal loss to inventory value as a result of expiration.
- Assembles items for delivery to outside locations operated by Children's Hospital & Medical Center
- Verifies accuracy of items ordered
- Ensures items are prepared in a timely manner for delivery
- Communicates with team regarding supply item shortages, changes in products, deleted products and pricing updates.
- Maintains up to date shortage/backorder listing
- Works with team to identify suitable alternatives for out of stock items
- Assists with cafeteria functions as needed/requested by food service manager or supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with the supply process and distribution phases of inventory management in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory management and contract compliance procedures.
- Analytical and negotiating skills
- Mathematical skills necessary for algebraic conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient/necessary to receive and deliver information accurately among Food Service staff.
- Experience with typing keyboard/computer.
- Ability to prioritize time and tasks according to the needs of patients and the department with minimum supervision and direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous purchasing/inventory control preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terms or supplies preferred.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.