FT; Variable Evenings, On Call and Holiday Rotation; Bonus $3,000 (external candidates only)
Were searching for a Pharmacy Tech, to perform duties under the direct supervision of a staff pharmacist and/or Pharmacy Administrative Team and within the scope of practice as defined by the State of Nebraska. Duties may include: accurate and timely medication purchasing, preparation, labeling and delivery; maintenance of appropriate and accurate stock supplies and medication inventory levels in designated areas, assistance in Administrative support and contributes to maintaining a cooperative work environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Responsible for accurately preparing, labeling, and delivering medications in a timely manner.
- Appropriately manages technology in the day-to-day preparation, labeling and delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- EPIC system
- Pyxis system
- DoseEdge system (preparation software and scanners)
- EM2400 Baxter Compounder
- MILT medication labeling system
- Electronic variance reporting system
- Retrieval of Policy and Procedures from the Intranet
- Electronic drug information resources
- Compounds topical, oral, intravenous admixtures and antineoplastic drug therapies following established pharmaceutical production standards of practice as developed by the department and consistent with national standards in a consistent, accurate and timely manner.
- Addresses customer service issues in a timely manner, including answering phones, directing calls, greeting visitors, and responding to questions in the Pharmacy.
- Responsible for maintaining established stock levels of medications within the pharmacy as well as other patient care areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Mathematical skills necessary for algebraic conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Verbal and written communication skills sufficient/necessary to receive and deliver information accurately among pharmacy staff and others.
- Previous experience in health care area or unit dose medication preparation helpful but not required.
- Good typing keyboard/computer skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience working a hospital pharmacy setting preferred
- Current and valid registration with the State of Nebraska is required.
- Pharmacy Technician certification from a recognized national or local certification board required within one year of registration.
- Successful completion of security check in compliance with requirements set by the State of Nebraska required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.