FT; Mon - Fri, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Were searching for a Home Medical Equipment Tech Warehouse, assists Lead with the coordination of the warehouse activities, ordering of products and supplies, inventory control, shipping of products, pulling supply orders for customers. Reviews daily shipping in computer system of supplies to customers and scheduling of daily deliveries by driver. Provides durable medical equipment and supply services to patients as ordered by physician that may include but not limited to
wheelchair set-up and delivery, bed set-up and delivery of supplies, nebulizer set-up and delivery. Assists in maintaining equipment inventory accurate with appropriate paperwork and follows equipment pick up and delivery procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination of the warehouse activities, ordering of products and supplies, inventory control, shipping of products, pulling of supply orders for customers.
- Maintains daily shipping of supplies to customers in computer system and scheduling of daily deliveries.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Childrens Home Healthcare products, supplies, services, policies and procedures in order to respond to customer inquiries.
- Has working knowledge of current computer programs in warehouse area to include printing customer tickets and looking for particular information on or for the customer.
- Checks shipping matrix to classify deliveries as mailed, shipped, or delivered based on cost, weight, and volume.
- Schedules deliveries and equipment pick-ups to follow policy and procedures of Childrens Home Healthcare.
- Delivers medical equipment, medical supplies, pharmacy supplies, and rehab equipment daily.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Childrens Home Healthcare products, supplies services, policies and procedures to respond to customer needs.
- Follows safety procedures for all home medical equipment, with specific attention given to electrical equipment and compressed gas cylinders including any DOT Guidelines that apply.
- Takes ownership of identified problems and seeks suggestions to improve departmental or organizational processes and assists in implementing the improvement.
- Must exhibit flexibility/adaptability in managing multifaceted requirements of home medical equipment warehouse technician position. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changing, unusual or difficult situations and handles stressful situations in a professional, appropriate manner.
- Receives phone calls to provide durable medical equipment services as assigned.
- Daily pulls patient supply orders and equipment set-up orders to make ready for delivery.
- Assists with loading company van for deliveries each morning concentrating on safety to assure the efficient delivery of supplies and equipment.
- Checks route zone daily to maximize equipment exchanges for preventative maintenance within daily zone along with deliveries.
- Completes all required documentation and reporting in accurate and timely manner on proper forms, according to internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work assignments and projects are completed in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Analyzes and prioritizes workload and utilizes time effectively.
- Completes all required customer documentation and reporting in an accurate and timely manner on the correct forms, according to internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Maintains ongoing communications with Home Medical Equipment Lead/Manager concerning status and any information, which may influence or change provision of services.
- Attends quarterly department meetings.
- Performs other duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
- Performs on-call duties on a rotational basis as schedule requires.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in delivery services preferred.
- One years experience with durable medical equipment set-up and medical supply delivery with an emphasis on wheelchairs, oxygen delivery, and rehabilitation equipment preferred
- Experience with pediatric products and population preferred
- Must have valid drivers license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record and ability to provide own transportation required
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.