FT; 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm; Bonus $1500 (external candidates only)
Were searching for a Phlebotomist, performs blood specimen collection, point of care testing, sweat test collection and culture set up according to standardized procedures. Assists physicians with bone marrow collection and slide preparation as needed. Inventories and stocks phlebotomy supplies. Utilizes the LIS for specimen verification and collection.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients, using standardized capillary or venipuncture procedures.
- Adheres to established safety procedures.
- Performs point-of-care testing including documentation of quality control testing and troubleshooting as required to ensure proper instrument function and assure accurate patient results.
- Collects specimens for sweat testing using standardized procedures.
- Assists with bone marrow examinations by preparing reagents and supplies, maintains sterile field and prepares adequate diagnostic slides.
- Processes specimens for microbiological culture using sterile technique. Inoculates the proper and stores in the appropriate location. Prepares smear for gram staining.
- Verifies and enters specimen collection times via LIS.
- Maintains inventory of phlebotomy supplies. Requests supplies and stocks incoming inventory.
- Performs maintenance procedures and function checks on laboratory equipment, to include safety equipment.
- Supports new staff in training as necessary.
- Participates throughout the year in proficiency testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Requires ability to read and write
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Skill in performing capillary collection and veni-puncture techniques.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Previous experience as a Phlebotomist preferred
- Current and valid Phlebotomist certification preferred.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required within 6 months of hire.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.