Children's is in search of a Staff RN - CP who Provides direct and indirect nursing care based on established patient care protocol and the nursing process. Coordinates with coworkers to provide a team based approached to care. Hours and location may vary based on patient needs.
- Performs treatments, procedures, and medication / immunization administration in a professional and compassionate manner according to Childrens Physicians policy and procedures.
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional, developmental and social conditions when interviewing all patients and families in the office and on the telephone.
- Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic tests and procedures with the patient /family, other physicians/hospitals and insurance providers as determined by the needs of the patient.
- Coordinates, provides, and appropriately documents patient and family education.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and provides care based on age-specific or developmental milestones for infants, toddlers, preschool, school age, and adolescents according to Childrens Physicians protocols
- Completes all required patient care documentation in an accurate and timely manner within the electronic medical record according to Childrens Physicians policy and procedures.
- Responds appropriately in crisis situations or life threatening emergencies
- Directs other team members in the delivery of nursing care as determined by the needs of the office and the direction of the office manager or physicians.
- Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills when performing phone triage.
- Fulfills expectation of complete and accurate phone documentation by utilizing EMR workflows as directed. Returns phone calls within determined response time ranges.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and compliance with laboratory standards and guidelines as directed.
- Promotes and encourages use of Childrens Connect by communicating with parents via online portal whenever feasible.
- Takes ownership of quality metrics as a reflection of our commitment to continuously improving the quality of care for all patients. Works quality reports as directed, utilizing appropriate established workflows.
- Maintains clean and professional appearance of exam rooms at all times.
- Maintains supply and linen levels appropriately.
- Attends required meetings and educational sessions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by Office Manager or Lead RN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent skills in communication, listening, customer service, organization.
- Excellent clinical skills providing direct and indirect nursing care in an office setting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to type, navigate an electronic system, and adapt to changes in workflows as they occur.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in nursing preferred
- Previous pediatric nursing experience preferred
- Previous experience with EPIC preferred.
- Current and valid Nebraska RN license/RN Compact license required.
- Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association is required.
- Current and valid Pediatric Emergency Assessment Recognition & Stabilization (PEARS) required within 6-months of hire, exceptions to this requirement are as follows:
- Incumbent holds another position within Childrens where PALS is required, PALS will be required in lieu of PEARS.
- Incumbent holds active PALS, PALS will be accepted in lieu of PEARS until it expires, at which time PEARS will be required prior to the expiration of PALS.
- Certification in a nursing specialty is preferred.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) may be preferred based on clinic location.
- Travel to other Childrens Physician clinics, may be required.
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.