Were searching for a Comparative Database Outcome Coordinator to coordinate and oversee the comparative database systems. Responsibilities include: data entry into clinical database systems, data analysis, development and communication of aggregate data and reports and clinical outcome measures, ensures data validity and quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Database & data quality management:
- Oversees, coordinates, and monitors data collection, quality and inter-rater reliability, ensuring adherence to definitions and program requirements for each specific database.
- Monitors and oversees systems to ensure that all eligible participants are accurately captured and submitted to the specific comparative database.
- Reviews validation reports and makes the appropriate corrections, documenting the results of this process and re-submits cleaned data to database by the established deadline.
- Meets regularly with the data collection team to discuss issues and questions related to data collection and contacts the appropriate database resource with data collection, data use, quality or technical questions, as appropriate.
- Exports data by submission due dates.
- Manages database security and role assignments.
- Coordinates completion of training and certification for self and all personnel that collect data for each specific database.
- Completes database report requests as per internal policies.
- Participates in the clinical database discussions by posting and answering questions; relays pertinent information from the clinical database to appropriate team members for each database.
- Communicates potential database improvements to the appropriate teams, including automation of data abstraction and entry where possible
- Collaborates with Service Line providers and staff to ensure accurate and consistent data across all -related databases.
- Data Analysis & Reports:
- Interprets and analyzes clinical data preparing aggregate data reports for analysis by various departments, the medical staff, interdisciplinary committees and other groups.
- Accurately calculates data for aggregate reports.
- Prepares data within the designated time frame to be reported.
- Verifies the accuracy of retrieved data.
- Prepares reports in collaboration with department liaisons.
- Uses data to tell the story.
- Creates a report that reflects the strength of performance or improvement opportunities to capture.
- Anticipates the needs of the audience, enhancing the efficiency of the work team; presents to the audience.
- Participates in the development of annual database program performance reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic principles of performance improvement and medical record review, type 30 wpm, data entry, ability to sit for extended periods of time doing close computer work.
- Knowledge of systems thinking principles and data analysis.
- Computer program skills to include word processing, graphics, spread sheets, etc. and database querying required.
- Skilled in use of Excel required.
Familiarity with EPIC preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in nursing or healthcare related field required.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required; intensive care experience preferred
- License in the state of Nebraska as an Registered Nurse or a Respiratory Therapist is required.
- If role filled by RN, current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required to work
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.