We are currently searching for a Data Scientist to support Childrens journey towards analytics maturity. The Data Scientist will work with autonomy to provide expert level knowledge in compiling, analyzing, validating, and disseminating health care data. This position will work with existing data sources such as local EHR, national surveys and other sources to derive outcomes and potential confounding and modifying factors to evaluate interventions. This position will work closely with stakeholders and partners to create informative data solutions to facilitate public health and clinical practice intervention deployments.
- Manage and work on large and complex analytical projects including data exploration, model building, visualization, performance evaluation and testing.
- Work in teams to drive innovation, which may translate into improved quality of care, clinical outcomes, reduced costs, temporal efficiencies, and process improvements.
- Lead discovery processes on pioneering AI/ML based approaches to solve complex data problems across a variety of domains.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to design, develop, and recommend new approaches for data driven decision-making.
- Develop and manage predictive and prescriptive analytic models in support of the organizations clinical, operations and business initiatives and priorities.
- Develop and deploy data solutions to provide actionable insights to the organization including integration with application systems.
- Identify new opportunities within historical data behaviors to help improve clinical operational process and workflow.
- Develop analytics tools that can be used by other staff with non-technical expertise.
- Gather, analyze, and present findings/analysis to leadership.
- Guides and educates the team to support strategic and operational data science initiatives at Childrens.
- Designs, develops, applies, and modifies scripts or software applications to support data management, data extraction and data analysis as required.
- Work with enterprise leadership to advance digital strategy at Childrens.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of the full data pipeline from storage to analysis
- Knowledge of and ability to apply intermediate inferential and predictive statistical methods (3+ years)
- Experience with clinical billing and/or outcomes data (3+ years)
- Working knowledge of the following software (3+ years):
- Device data/Internet of things
- Epic Clinical Data Model certification
- Advanced machine learning/AI methodology
- Deploying predictive models in patient care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters (MS or MPH) with 10 years experience or PhD with 5 in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Information Systems, Biomedical Informatics, or Public Health Informatics
Make a meaningful difference improving the lives of children!
At Childrens, the regions only full-service pediatric healthcare center, our people make us the very best for kids. Come cultivate your passion, purpose and professional development in an environment of excellence and inclusion, where team members are supported and deeply valued. Opportunities for career growth abound as we grow our services and spaces, including the cutting-edge Hubbard Center for Children. Join our highly engaged, caring teamand join us in providing brighter, healthier tomorrows for the children we serve.